Chapter Seven

"Well look at that, it's a good thing we came out here for you to get some new robes," Algie said as Neville was fitted for a couple of new robes. "You've certainly grown quite a bit over the years, haven't you?"

Neville glanced down fixing one of the sleeves of his robes as he stood in front of one of the mirrors. His grandmother had been the one to notice that Neville's other robes were becoming tattered and he was growing taller coming up short on him. He smiled at his reflection, quite pleased to see that he was becoming taller. His grandmother had put the idea in his mind that Neville was going to remain short like his mother, but it seemed he was taking after Frank more and more as he grew older. 

Kefira was sitting in a chair waiting for him to finish up, with a smile on her face.

"Do you need any robes?" Algie asked her.

"Oh no," she shook her head. "I'm covered...literally...from head to toe. I don't grow that much.Like I told Nevs, I'm permanently fun sized.

Algie chuckled before glancing over at Neville, who had a grin on his face as well. Although the boy didn't say anything as he turned back to adjust the rest of his robes before making a decision. 

"I think these will work out just fine," Neville announced. "They fit perfect!"

"And you look great in them too," Kefira winked at him causing Neville to turn a light shade of pink, but he turned to face her. 

"Well, maybe you should try them on too since you'll be wearing them more than me."

"Nah, I'll just stick to your jumpers," she retorted. 

Algie's eyes widened as he looked back and forth between the two as Kefira turned close to her hair color. 

"Maybe we should go get some lunch..." He suggested. "I'm feeling quite hungry...not to mention awkward."

Kefira pushed herself up from the chair and went to follow Algie to the register to pay for Neville's robes, but before she could walk on, Neville took a hold of her hand. She was surprised by his actions but she certainly wasn't complaining as his hand was incredibly warm wrapped around hers. She leaned into his arm with a goofy grin on her face as she focused down on her feet.  His grip tightened but he held his head up high with a proud smile. 

After Uncle Algie paid for the robes, the group walked outside of the shop and onto the busy street of Diagon Alley.

"Say, do you need anymore Forbidden Soil for your plant, Nevs? We can take a detour to Knockturn Alley..." Kefira suggested.

"You told her?!" Algie turned around with a surprised look as he looked at his nephew. "We swore on it!"

"I told you that it was part of the promise!" Neville replied. "Besides...I tell Kefi everything."

"Oh," Algie said resting his hands on his hips. "Well...everything?"

"Everything," Neville repeated.

"Even the window incident?"

"Yes," Neville nodded. "Even the window incident."

"And don't forget the Blackpool pier!" Kefira piped up. 

"In my defense," Algie cleared his throat and adjusted the waistband of his trousers. "I was not the only one who thought it was a good idea at the time."

"I question a lot about your family," Kefira whispered to Neville. "I mean...I'm not passing judgment, after all, you've met my family. But I do question a lot."