Chapter Forty Two

Dean yelped as he was dragged down to the floor, once he refused to place Kefira down. He had made the mistake once again of underestimating the small girl's size because while she was small, she could pack a punch. A punch directly to his spine that brought him down. He tried to wrestle her back from returning to make sure that Harry got away, but he found the task to be quite difficult. Looking up at Seamus and Neville in desperation, Dean yelled at them for help as Kefira continued to thrash like an alligator demolishing its prey by rolling its body.

However, as he refused to let go, a loud roar emitted from the girl, causing everything to fall silent in the corridor. Dean suddenly released his hold of her and remained wide-eyed as Kefira was finally free. She moved away from him, looking back as the two were still on the ground.

 Finally, Seamus and Neville intervened with Neville grabbing Kefira and helping up before holding onto her tightly while Seamus helped Dean up to his feet.

"What was that for?" Dean called to her while rubbing his back and giving her a look.

"Me? You're the one who threw me over your shoulder!" Kefira growled back at him. "I warned you. I told you to put me down and since you refused to do so, I had to take matters into my own hands. You're lucky I didn't do worse!"

"You're being unreasonable, Kefi," Seamus told her. "We need to get out of here! Harry told us all to run for a reason! Standing around and fighting each other, is only going to get us caught and what good is going to come of that? You can't save everyone!"

"Well, not with that kind of attitude," Kefira countered looking away from the two and turning to Neville. He seemed conflicted with what side to take, however, he was fortunate that he didn't need to make a decision as they heard the sound of Draco's voice in the distance echoing in the corridor.

"I think I hear some of them this way! Come on!"

The four didn't need to stand around and argue any longer and they took off in the direction of the Gryffindor Tower again. When they arrived at the stairs, they were all out of breath, meeting up Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and the twins.

"That didn't so well, now did it?!" Ron said leaning against the banister. "They got Harry! We should have stayed behind."

"It wouldn't have done us any good," Hermione replied heatedly. "It wouldn't have made things better if we were all caught. It would just give Umbridge more leverage. We all know Harry and I'm certain he can get himself out of this mess."

"A mess you created!" Ron told her. "After all, this was your idea, Hermione!"

"Oh, so suddenly it's all on my shoulders! I didn't hear you making a fuss about it prior to tonight's incident!"

"Why are we fighting about this?!" Kefira interjected. "We're all missing the big picture here..."She glanced over in Elizabeth's direction as the portrait glanced down at her. "No offense, Elizabeth. What I meant is...someone ratted the group out. How else would have Umbridge and her minions found us? We were well hidden...if it wasn't for that house-elf-"

"Dobby," Ron and Hermione corrected her. 

"Okaay, if it wasn't for Dobby alerting us, we would have been doomed. But someone had to have told Umbridge...so who was it? And where do we find them because they deserve a swift kick in the a-"

Neville placed his hand gently over Kefira's mouth to drown out her angry words before turning to the others. "Kefira is right, someone said something, so who wasn't at the meeting tonight?"

"I bet you anything it was Zacharias!"  Ron accused.

"We can't accuse anyone without being a hundred percent sure," Neville told him.