Chapter Sixty Two

Being back at Hogwarts, there was something off for Kefira, despite everything looking the same

Being back at Hogwarts, there was something off for Kefira, despite everything looking the same. The castle hadn't changed during the weeks of summer and everything appeared normal, or at least as normal as possible for a wizarding school. But during the carriage ride and even entering the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony and the Start-of-Term feast, Kefira couldn't shake off the weird feeling that was brewing. Neville noticed right away that Kefira wasn't as vocal as she normally was. Even though she was in the company of friends again, she was quite, looking around the Great Hall. 

"You know, she's gone," Neville told her. He believed that his girlfriend was paranoid about Professor Umbridge showing up out of nowhere for another year of torture. But he wanted to reassure Kefira that she was long gone from the castle grounds. She turned to him at the sound of his voice and let out a small chuckle behind a grin.

"Are you talking about BOT?"

"Isn't that who you were thinking of?" Neville questioned, only to see her give a shake of her head.

"No, it's not that," she told him, " I'm glad she's gone and I don't see her coming back here. But I don't know...doesn't something feel off to you, is it just me?"

"It's always just you, Kefi," Seamus called to her from across the way. 

Perhaps that was what caught her off guard, the way that Dean and Seamus weren't sitting next to each other like they normally did. Instead, Dean was sitting next to Ginny a couple seats down, leaving Seamus to next to a couple of older students. She didn't want to say anything because it certainly didn't seem like they had been involved in a fight with each other, but it seemed incredibly unnatural to see the two not sitting with each other. Even if they were only a couple of feet away from each other.

But while that didn't feel right, it went beyond the matter of Seamus and Dean to where Kefira still didn't feel comfortable. Maybe because as she looked to where the Professors were seated, she noticed Professor Snape's absence, leaving her to narrow her eyes in suspicion. 

"I wonder where Professor Snape is?" She whispered to Neville. "Have you noticed that he's not with the other professors? Seems odd, right?"

Neville glanced around, he wasn't away beforehand but he was certainly aware after she pointed it out. "Not only that, but Harry is missing too."

The two looked to where Ron and Hermione were keeping a worried eye out for the missing companion who was missing from the Great Hall. The last they had seen him was when Harry told them he would meet up with them later on the train. He never did show up, Kefira just figured he had been caught up in other matters but now she was wondering if they should have put up a bigger protest to either go with him or get him to come with them.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't be another start to the year if something didn't go on with Harry," Kefira said to Neville. "I'm sure he'll show up and he'll be just fine."