Chapter Thirty Four

(DemonicaStudios)

(DemonicaStudios)

Due to the fact that Faye was underaged and the circumstances revolving around the entire situation were completely baffling to the Ministry, the trial did not get underway right away. It seemed that the workers on the case were trying to see if Faye had been put up to the matter by the mean of any curse as Faye claimed that she would never want to hurt Kefira. She also claimed that she had no recollection of what had taken place. All she could remember was waking up without the ability to move because of the full-bodying binding hex that Hermione had placed on her in the dorms. 

They needed to question Kefira further, which they would take the time to during the Christmas holiday, according to Dumbledore. The idea didn't settle very well in Kefira's mind as she really didn't want her parents to overhear the discussion, but if Bandile had been able to properly decipher the letter she had sent to him, hopefully, he would be arriving for the holidays as well to help her along. Even he probably wasn't fully aware of the situation that had occurred but it was going to have to be enough for the time being. 

She was out of time as the students were preparing to go home for the holidays while others decided to remain behind. She had promised Neville that she would go with him to St. Mungo's to visit his parents once she got the situation with her family settled. But Kefira was still hoping for a little more as well, she hoped that she could convince her family to invite the Longbottom family over for the holidays. It just sounded too depressing in her mind for Augusta and Neville to spend it alone, especially with Alice not feeling all that well.

Kefira just hoped that her parents would be understanding about everything, even if they were worried, she hoped that they would understand that her education was important and just taking her out of school, didn't guarantee her safety. If they wanted her to be okay, they were going to have to let her go back and continue to learn under the D.A.

Throughout the train ride back to King's Cross Station, Kefira's leg bounced up and down with nerves. It only grew worse as they approached the station, no matter how long Neville's hand remained settled on her thigh. She didn't look frightened but she didn't look thrilled either about the situation.

"It'll be alright, Kefi," Neville reassured her. The boy was feeling a sense of guilt for adding his problems to her when he requested that Kefira go with him to St. Mungo's. He knew that she had her own problems to deal with.

"Yeah, I know. I think I'm just working myself up over my mother," Kefira said as they were pulling into the station. "She's the one that can go mental at the drop of a hat. If it was just my dad with Uncle Bandile then things would probably go over a lot smoother, but I know my mum is going to lose it. It's definitely not pretty when that happens."

"I don't think you're going to have to worry about it right away," Neville said with a slight smile before turning to her.

"Why do you say that?" She questioned.