Chapter Ten

Trevor hopped along happily once he was freed from the compartment and able to travel down the train. Kefira stood on one side of him while Neville stood on the other, to protect the toad from any incoming students that rushed towards them. Several times, Kefira had come close to clotheslining someone, the majority of them being first years that had yet to settle down due to all the excitement. Neville normally called out to them before it was too late, bringing them to halt in their tracks before they were taken down. Trevor was enjoying his lovely walk alongside his two bodyguards. 

While the two escorted Trevor, they also kept their eyes out for Seamus and Dean, wondering where the other two had ended up on the train. Finally, near the front, they found the two sitting in an empty compartment across from each other in the seats.

"How did they manage to get an empty compartment?" Neville asked in a baffled tone. "We walked around for ages."

"I think all those first years we ran into were originally in this compartment, Nevs," Kefira pointed out. "They're just not in here right now."

She slid open the door bringing both Dean and Seamus to look up in their direction. Neville bent down and picked Trevor up to bring inside for his own safety. Although Trevor didn't seem to agree as he began putting up a fight, squirming all about to be free of his handler's grip. Rather than holding onto him the entire time, Neville waiting until Kefira slid the door close behind them and then set Trevor down.

"Well, there you two are," Kefira said looking over at the boys. "We were wondering if you two were pulling a Ron and Harry and ended up missing the train this year."

"Awww, did you hear that, Dean?" Seamus said with a cheeky grin. "I think someone missed us."

Kefira gave the boy a look before pulling Seamus' hat over his eyes. "Quiet Seamus, the adults are talking."

The boy grumbled as he struggled to pull his hat back up, leaving Dean to speak first. "No, we're not pulling a Ron and Harry," he began. "We just ended up showing up late and getting stuck in the compartment with all these first years. "

"Stupid ones too," Seamus added.

"Aw, so you felt right at home, didn't you, Seamus?" Kefira grinned over at him. Seamus gave her a dirty look as Neville sat down beside Dean, the two exchanging looks before they shook their heads. 

"Where did you two end up?" Dean asked.

"With Looney...I mean Luna Lovegood," Neville replied. "All the way at the other end of the train, with Ginny and Harry."

"Ginny and Harry but no Ron and Hermione?" Dean questioned. "That doesn't sound right."

"They made Prefect," Kefira informed them as she settled back into her seat, taking in the reaction of the two boys.

"What?!" The two blurted out right away. Dean shook his head again while Seamus started laughing.

"Alright, that was a good one, I'll admit," Seamus said. "I can definitely see Hermione becoming a prefect, but Ron? Come on. That's...impossible."

"Well, you better start believing in the impossible," Kefira told them. "Because he really did make prefect with Hermione this year."

The boys obviously believed that Kefira was still pulling their legs as they looked to Neville for confirmation of the news. Neville glanced up from where he had been watching over Trevor carefully to see all eyes on him.

"It's true," he said. "He really did make prefect. They had to go to the compartment with the other ones earlier, which was why Harry was sitting with us."