Chapter Ninety-Four

Since Kefira decided to drop Defence Against the Dark Arts, it really seemed like things were picking up for the girl, she had no problem with any of her other classes besides Potions, but that was more than a given. She managed to just ignore Slughorn as much as possible and strangely enough, she had taken to sitting next to Draco rather than the other students in the class. But it was mainly to keep an eye out on the boy because he still looked terrible and it didn't look like anyone was going to interfere anytime soon with him. Draco knew what she was doing as well and it irritated him, but no matter how many nasty things he said to her to get her sit somewhere else or to stop checking in on him, Kefira didn't back down. 

He should have known better than that, knowing damn well that she wouldn't because even if she didn't like someone, she was all about right and wrong. So she would defend all or defend none, he just wished that she would leave him alone because she didn't know what he was involved in and she probably didn't want to know either. Unlike Potter, who continued to make it more than obvious that he was following him around trying to get information. However, eventually, while she still sat near him, her interest seemed to fade as Kefira became involved with other things.

Their Gryffindor quidditch teammate and fellow housemate, Katie Bell had returned from St. Mungo's and the team was thrilled to have her back. Well, everyone seemed happy that she was back, except for one Gryffindor, who seemed to not catch a break. Unfortunately, with Katie back, able to resume her position on the team, it meant that Dean was out and he was not very happy about it at all. With his recent breakup and now being booted off the team, Dean just seemed to be in a foul mood.

But there was someone right there to pick up the pieces for him and that was Seamus. It was almost like the two's friendship had never hit a rough patch because as Dean badmouthed Harry, Seamus was right there, encouraging him and laughing. They both looked happy to be back in the company of one another, not really sure what had separated them in the first place as they claimed, even though it was quite obvious.

Kefira felt bad for Dean, but at the same time, with Katie back on the team and McLaggen off the team, they had one of the best practices out on the pitch, something they hadn't experienced in a very long time. The Chasers were in sync, the Beaters were focused, the Keeper was always ready, and the Seeker didn't have to worry about his team which meant he was able to focus on his team. It was perfect, the Gryffindor team had finally been restored to balance. 

Their match against Ravenclaw was in a few days, but Kefira didn't find herself nervous about what would happen out on the pitch, she just occupied her time with her work and with Neville. 

"You know, we should do something fun this summer," Kefira told him as they were supposed to be working on a Charms essay but Kefira didn't seem to really hold any interest in that. Neville was wondering how long it was going to take her to try and create a distraction to get herself out of the work. He smiled as he peered up, setting his quill to the side.

"Don't we usually do something fun over the summer?" He questioned her in return. 

She nodded her head. "Yeah, we do, but I mean, something else, you know? Like a trip to somewhere and not South Africa, as much as I love it there. And not with our families, but we should go somewhere, just you and me."

Neville turned incredibly red at the suggestion of just going on a trip with it being just the two of them. It sounded fantastic but the idea of their families not being around, he could already feel his heartbeat pick up drastically.

"Wh-what did y-you have in mind?" Neville asked before loosening his tie and clearing his throat. "I don't think we would be able to go far without your parents or my gran. I mean, are they going to let us go anywhere far from our homes?"