Chapter Seventy Nine

Even though Neville would have loved to remain in the company of Tegwen and talk for the entire day about plants and methods revolving Herbology, it was Christmas and they both had plans to spend with their families. But as promised before, Tegwen wasn't leaving without Neville signing one of her books and of course, Neville got everything he possibly could get signed by her. As he wrote down his own signature, his hand shook terribly but he managed to write his name that was somewhat legible. Tegwen also gifted him with new supplies for Herbology, including new gloves that Neville desperately needed. 

With a hug, Tegwen wished him the best in his work and if he needed any sort of recommendation for work after Hogwarts that she would gladly give it. They had to decline on the wonderful breakfast that Alana and Cardel had put together that morning for the entire group. And within a few moments, they were gone or as they told Bernard, they had to get to the train station as soon as possible to make their train. Although as Bernard got the slightest peek at some of Neville's herbology books, his suspicions were growing even more if it were possible. 

"PRESENTS!" Kefira leapt onto the sofa, scaring the living hell out of Bernard as he had been trying to sip his morning tea and wrap his head around his thoughts. He nearly dropped the tea cup from his hands before glancing over at the girl. Her hands were on her hips with a determined look as she eyed the gifts under the tree. 

"Is she always like this or is this Christmas energy?" Bernard whispered to Rosemary, the woman wore a bright smile on her face before turning to her boyfriend.

"Um, this Kefi is quite toned down from when she was younger," Rosemary chuckled, " one Christmas morning, we were all in bed and she ran through the house banging on a pot with one of my mother's wooden spoons. When my father got up from his bed, we thought she was really in for it, but he grabbed another pot and spoon and joined in."

"Your family really enjoys noise, don't they?" Bernard chuckled.

"Yes, we do!" Kefira answered as she glanced over at the two, leaving Bernard wide-eyed as he swore they had been whispering very quietly. But Keira didn't remain in the living room long as she jumped off the sofa and ran into the kitchen to gather everyone for presents. Moments later, she returned pushing both of her parents into the room with Lottie and Nellie trailing behind her. 

Neville had been given the task of waking up his uncle but it was proving to be quite the challenge as they could all hear the distant snoring. He came out a few minutes later with a look of defeat.

"I can't get to wake up," Neville looked to his grandmother, " he's in a deep...deep sleep."

Suddenly, Augusta did the unexpected as she turned to Kefira with a small smile on her face. 

"If you would..." The old woman nodded her head in the direction of the guest room. Kefira smiled with a nod of her own before skipping out of the room.