Chapter Fifty

The hyena kept its body close to the ground, walking closely to the edge of the lake with a hurried step as Kefira continued to draw closer to where they would meet up in the middle

The hyena kept its body close to the ground, walking closely to the edge of the lake with a hurried step as Kefira continued to draw closer to where they would meet up in the middle. Never had a child been so relieved to see a hyena out on the grounds of a Scottish castle, but there was a first time for everything, especially when it came for Kefira Walsh. However, while she was glad to see Bandile in his animagus form, she certainly didn't think that he was there for a friendly visit, or to share a chat over tea. Something had to be wrong and with Neville and the others nowhere in sight, she feared the worst.

"Bandile, what's going on?" She asked in a hushed whisper as they finally reached each other. She continued to look around to make sure that no one had followed her and to make sure no one would be approaching them. It would look suspicious on Bandile's behalf to show up at the school unannounced and trespass on the grounds. While Umbridge wasn't aware, if word got back to her, there was no telling how to the woman would react to it and she didn't want the man to get in trouble with the Ministry because the woman would be capable of pulling plenty of strings like the puppets the Ministry workers were.

"Something happened, what happened?!" Kefira normally kept herself composed but in that moment, fear had washed over her quickly as she thought about her friends and Neville being in danger. "Bandil-"

"Easy, Kefi, easy!" Bandile morphed back into his original form, suddenly standing taller than her. He held his hands out, trying to get her to keep her voice down. They did not need to bring attention to themselves. "Something has happened and right now, we need to leave for the time being. I'm going to bring you home and-"

Before Kefira could even think of asking as to why she had to go home, a bright light blinded her for a second as she was almost struck by a stunning spell. However, Bandile's reaction time was much faster as he pushed her out of the way and pulled out his own wand blocking the incoming hit. She turned her head and saw Professor Snape standing a short distance from them causing Kefira to internally facepalm.

"Now he decides to interfere," she grumbled under her breath. "Worst timing award goes to Professor Snape, ladies and gentlemen. If you would please, a round of applause."

She clapped her hands together lightly as the men continued to fight back and forth.

"Miss Walsh, get away from him!" Professor Snape warned her, leaving Kefira confused as she stared back at her Potions' master as if he had lost his mind. There was no way she was about to run off from her uncle, especially towards the biggest bully of Hogwarts outside of Umbridge. He continued to go after Bandile, but if something urgent was happening and they needed to be elsewhere, Professor Snape was just wasting their time. She pulled out her own wand and disarmed the man.

Professor Snape's face held the expression of the ultimate betrayal and for a short time, she did feel bad as she eyed the man's wand resting on the ground several feet away. She opened her mouth to apologize but there seemed to be no time to do so as Bandile grabbed her hand and moved her to stand behind him.