Chapter Seventy Seven

Kefira was glad to be home and to have the Longbottom in the company of her family definitely added to the festive mood as the Walshs decided to break out every tradition. However, with Rosemary's boyfriend in the company of everyone, all those that possessed magic had to be extremely cautious as it was a "minor" detail that Rosemary had yet to swing by him. Unfortunately, until he was fully committed to being apart of the family, Bernard was not allowed to know as it was a breach upon the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy. Although it was entertaining to watch Augusta and Algie try to adjust to the muggle life.

Bandile and Sedi didn't have a problem whatsoever as they were friends with many muggles and often had to keep their magic to themselves. Obviously, Bandile had kept his magic from Cardel since the time that the two men were only boys. Although Bernard seemed to be suspicious whenever everyone called to Algie and Augusta when they went for their wands for any instance. They played it off with Algie claiming to be slightly senile and constantly forgetting that he wasn't in the comfort of his own home.

While Kefira was working with her family to keep Bernard busy and distracted, Neville had been doing his best to come up with an idea for a Christmas present for the girl. With every passing year, it seemed to be more and more difficult to find a gift that he felt would be good enough for her. Every gift that she gave him was absolutely incredible, he was still carrying around his signed book from Tegwen Gittins. But he wasn't sure how he was supposed to even come close to offering something to her in comparison. 

"Well, name some things she likes, I'll see if I can help," Algie offered as the two sat outside. Algie wanted to smoke his pipe but Alana made it quite clear that there was no smoking in the home. 

"Um, well, she loves being outdoors," Neville began, " she really likes potions and experimenting with them. She likes lions, climbing trees, she likes Trevor-"

"I see you haven't mentioned that she adores you," Algie said to the boy with a chuckle. Neville looked over at him with a confused expression, he figured it was a given that Kefira liked him. After all, they were dating, perhaps his uncle was going slightly senile. 

"I don't understand," Neville confessed, " I mean, she's my girlfriend-"

"Meaning that if she cares for you like I think she does, that she will appreciate anything you give to her. Even f it's something as simple as a card. I don't take Kefira as much of a material person, Neville. I think the best gift to her is your company, she seems to enjoy that the most."

The boy gave a smile but it didn't settle the dilemma for him as he still wanted to present something to Kefira. He glanced over at his uncle again with a pleading expression. 

"Can we make a trip? I think I have an idea of what I want to do."

Bernard came outside to ask the two if they wanted any of the biscuits that Alana had freshly baked, but as he walked out, he found that Neville and his uncle were gone. The young man looked back and forth with a bewildered expression. Judging by the age of the older man, he didn't think they would be able to get anywhere fast and they had only been outside for a short while. Not to mention, they had no vehicle with them meaning they couldn't simply drive off either. 

"I could have sworn that..." He scratched the top of his head. Shaking his head, he headed back inside to inform Alana that the two were probably going to pass on the Christmas biscuits for the time being. Then he was going to take a nap because he felt as though he was going mental. Perhaps all the eggnog was finally going to his head, yes, that's what he would tell himself. At the risk of not wanting anyone to think that he was losing it. It was just all the sugar and the hard crash from it all.