Chapter Eighty-One

Surprisingly, Neville wasn't the only one who had Potions in mind when it came to giving Kefira a Christmas gift revolving around her favourite subject. Before returning to school, she received a package that her parents brought to her attention. However, it was unmarked and the family didn't feel comfortable with her opening, at least, not with Bandile sorting through it first. It really settled in with Kefira that afternoon of what the Wizarding World was coming down to. Even the post wasn't safe even if it was the holidays. Fortunately, the package was cleared by Bandile and it revealed to be a small handwritten book. 

Bandile seemed puzzled, as did the rest of the family as Kefira looked through it and examined all the notes. All of them revolving around potions and helpful tips to brewing successful potions. Her family didn't understand but Kefira did, in a weird way, it was Professor Snape's way of wishing her a good Christmas and perhaps saying "sorry" for his behaviour once more. She couldn't be sure, but it was becoming a routine that whenever the Professor behaved poorly, he attempted to try and make things right by sending her things. Whether it was her school supplies the previous times and now something to help her gain her rightful spot as top of the class in Potions. 

In all honesty, Kefira didn't know how to feel about the book either as she looked over the notes briefly before closing it over. She had gone to Professor Snape for help in some way and he had taken it upon himself to still teach her in the subject, despite being the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. However, it didn't excuse his behaviour, he hadn't changed his nasty ways of ridiculing his students and making them feel inferior. If anything, it seemed the new job had given him a boost of confidence to be meaner and it was completely unnecessary in every way. They had learned perfectly fine under a kind soul when Professor Lupin had taught them. 

Kefira was just conflicted and rather than focusing on the topic any further, she decided to just slip the book back into her belongings that she would be bringing back to school. On top, came to sit her lion onesie that she planned on parading around in while in the Common Room just to give others a laugh. Her potions supplies that Neville had given her with neatly packed along with plenty of photos that she had developed from the holidays. Thanks to Sedi, they were developed magically and they would move about, something her family was always fascinated by.

Bernard had survived his first Christmas among the Walsh family and if he married into the family one day like Kefira expected, she couldn't wait to tell him about magic so she could go back and show him the photos. All of them in which he looked so paranoid or suspicious. It was definitely something he would probably look back on and laugh, or pull all of his hair out in frustration and scream "I KNEW IT!" Perhaps a bit of both, an accusing look paired with a hysterical laugh.

After Christmas, Neville stayed with his grandmother and spent some needed quality time with her and his Uncle Algie. He had to admit, he sometimes held his hesitations about spending time with Augusta, sometimes the woman was still harsh on him without realising. But he was a different person, still Neville Longbottom in every way, but he was Neville Longbottom not trying to be Alice and Frank. The boy would soon be coming of age in the wizarding world, he would leave Hogwarts, and go off to do his own thing. Augusta didn't have the slightest idea what he would pursue right after Hogwarts, whether it was involved in Herbology or not, but she expressed to him that holiday that she was proud of Neville.

She was proud that he was standing up for himself and what he wanted in life. She was immensely proud of everything he had accomplished and how he was building a name for himself instead of standing in the shadows as she had wanted him to previously. There was no need for her to worry about Neville any longer, besides the normal worry a parent or guardian held over a child they loved. Whatever Neville set out to do, he was going to be able to do it and no one would be able to stop him.