Chapter Eighty-Eight

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Professor McGonagall wondered where the majority of the Gryffindor team had ventured off to as she noticed that they had yet to come in. She wandered back to the quidditch pitch and came upon the scene of McLaggen's punishment, only to instruct Kefira to let him down. Kefira opened her mouth to protest, but the lioness decided not to go against the head lioness as she removed her wand to free McLaggen from the hanging trap. However, McGonagall made no mention about being gentle about it as the boy fell right to the ground with a loud thud. He let out a painful yelp and McGonagall went to scold all of them but the remaining students ran off to avoid her wrath. 

McLaggen squirmed around with a look of discomfort on his face, he looked to McGonagall for pity, but she wore none on her expression. 

"I didn't think I would ever have to remind a student of this if they were on the Gryffindor team, but a reminder, Mr. McLaggen, you go after the opposing team, not your captain!" She exclaimed sharply. 

The boy nodded his head before lying back down with a heavy sigh. "Yes, Professor."

"Now get up, you're not a lawn ornament."

She watched as the boy pushed himself up and after stumbling several times, he made his way back to the castle, leaving McGonagall to place her hand over his face.

"The term isn't even close enough to being over...," The woman said looking up at the sky. "Merlin, be with me."

Kefira laughed as walked with Neville and Dean, feeling mighty accomplished even though they had lost the match. " Justice might be the sweetest tasting thing," she said to Neville. "I might start doing that to other if they continue to get on my nerves. It brings me great joy."

"You don't think that was just a little harsh?"Neville asked her. " I mean, he was upside down for quite some time. All the blood rushing to his head..."

"Yeah, and what do you think about all the blood rushing to Harry's head when McLaggen cracked his head with a bludger? I think it was a fair punishment. McLaggen needs to learn a lesson and if no one was going to teach it to him, I gladly took to the challenge. I might be pissed with Harry, but he's captain. He earned that position by being a good player and he put the team together. McLaggen didn't make the initial cut, so he should have been kissing Harry's arse for the chance he was given and now he ruined it for himself."

"But you have to admit, the face Harry made when he got hit with the bludger, it was sort of funny," Dean interjected, bringing the other two to the halt as he laughed. Only because as they rounded the corner, they caught sight of Ginny standing there with Hermione by her side. Ginny looked absolutely furious and Kefira and Neville were wise to take a couple of steps back.