Chapter Forty Nine

Kefira had no idea if Neville, Luna, and Ginny, along with Ron had gotten to Hermione and Harry yet, but she was sure they would find their way to them. She was curious as to what had happened to Umbridge, but it didn't concern her very much, as long as the Pink Fart was out of her hair for the time being. After all, she had business to tend to and it involved all the members of the Inquisitorial Squad that had taunted them throughout the school term. But not only that, members such as Pansy and Draco had been bullying students since their first year and while Kefira was the forgiving type, she wasn't that forgiving. 

The members of the Inquisitorial Squad were wandless, leaving Kefira as the only one armed. She sat at Umbridge's desk, her feet resting on the desk, while the door was locked behind the group of Slytherins that were at her mercy. 

"You let us out of here!" Pansy demanded. "Or I-"

"Or you'll what?" Kefira asked folding her arms over her chest but keeping her wand directed away from her. "I don't think you're in the proper position to be making any sort of threats, Parkinson. That goes for all of you. You see, I think you chose the wrong leader to follow. She told you that wands wouldn't be necessary to defend yourself and see where that got you? Nowhere good, huh?"

"What are you going to do?" Crabbe asked the question that was on all of their minds.

"I won't have to do much if you do as I say," Kefira told them. "You see, I want all of you to write a nice lengthy apology to all the students that you have bullied over the time here at the school. A sincere apology too."

"That's ridiculous! I'm not going to waste my time apologizing to some no good-" Draco went to tell Kefira off, but it didn't end so well. He found his mouth clamped shut and unable to open it as he struggled.

"I said write it, Malfoy, that doesn't involve talking."

She leaned back in the chair and smiled. "And while you're all writing. I figured the least I could do is entertain you with some show tunes, right? I was thinking of some Disney songs, not that any of you are familiar with them because it's beneath you to listen to the wonderful world of Disney. Such a shame, you all are missing out, but I guess that explains why you're all so miserable on the inside. The only way you know how to lift yourselves up is by tearing down others. Well, guess what, the people you've been stepping on, they're tired of it."

She lowered her feet and walked over to where the others were standing, frozen in place and unable to escape the punishment that was coming to them.

"Now, in my household, my family always told me that my singing was torturous and honestly, I believe them after I heard a recording. So I figure I'll serenade you all. The faster you write those letters, the sooner it'll be over."

"This is a joke, right?" Pansy scoffed. "You're going to sing? That's your form of-"

"I have the perfect song for it too. You see, you all aren't familiar with Solomon Linda, he wrote this song Mbube, that was a beautiful South African Acapella song that's extremely catchy. My dad used to sing it to me when I was a baby. There's not much to the lyrics. But later on, some others called the Tokens adopted the song and made it even more famous globally as it was known as the Lion Sleeps Tonight or the Wimoweh song. But I still prefer the original that my dad would sing to me, so without further ado..."

Peeves had heard some torturous screams throughout his life and heard some terrible noises, but whatever the hell that was coming out of Professor Umbridge's office sounded like a cat being strangled and whipped around. Needless to say, the poltergeist had to investigate, especially as he heard mournful cries that were not caused by any of his treacheries. As he arrived and filtered into the office, he saw a group of Slytherin students clapping their hands over their ears while the little red headed girl from Gryffindor sang obnoxiously loud.