Chapter Eleven

With Hermione and Ron returning to the compartment after their prefect meeting, the compartment felt quite crowded. Trevor remained hidden in Kefira's robes as Hermione's cat Crookshanks, seemed to have taken a mighty big interest in the toad. Neville had a nervous look on his face whenever the cat glanced over in their direction. Although at one point as Crookshanks was free roaming and got too close to Trevor, Kefira let out a low growl to warn the cat to keep its distance. The compartment grew quiet for a few moments as the cat's hackles rose with Kefira keeping strong eye contact.

At one point, though, Ron had mentioned something about a baboon's backside and Luna had fallen into a fit of giggles that ended up lasting a good while. It brought a smile to Kefira's face to see the girl enjoying herself but she could see the judgmental looks on the other faces, especially Ron's. Luna was out there, a quirky being with an attitude that clearly said that she really didn't care about what others thought about her. Her fashion made it known that she wore clothing for comfort and wore jewelry that held some meaning to her. She seemed comfortable enough with herself that the looks she was given didn't bother her very much, if at all. 

Harry had taken the magazine that Luna was reading and was reading it over, apparently, judging by the facial expressions that he was making, he really didn't care for the articles inside. Eventually, Ron asked him if there was anything in there worth reading but before Harry could answer the question addressed to him, Hermione butted in.

"Of course not," she said. "The Quibbler's rubbish, everyone knows that."

"Excuse me," Luna's voice interrupted. There was no dreamy tone to her voice as it seemed to be on the defense side suddenly. "But my father's the editor."

Kefira and Neville exchanged glances but remained quiet as Hermione quickly tried to backtrack as her face turned red with embarrassment. Although the damage had been done as Luna coldly took the magazine from Harry and flipped it open before disappearing behind it.

"Bravo," Kefira mouthed to Hermione, who gave a flustered look before focusing her eyes on the ground. However, the compartment didn't remain peaceful as the door slid over again, only to reveal the "Pain in the Arse of Hogwarts."

Draco stood in the doorway wearing his infamous smirk. 

"The gods are frowning down upon us," Kefira muttered leaning into Neville's arm as she let out a heavy sigh. Draco's battle seemed to be focused on Harry as he started lecturing the boy on his matters and warned him that if he wasn't careful that he could give Harry detention. 

He certainly enjoyed the fact of pointing out that Ron had been made prefect over Harry, which definitely was taking a shot at both boys. Hermione told Draco to shut up before standing up as if she were about to personally kick the boy out herself. 

"Punch him, punch him," Kefira chanted under her breath until Neville glanced over at his shoulder where she was resting her chin. "I mean....no, I meant what I said, she should have punched him."

Neville smiled at her before resting his head against her as he pulled out a book from his bag for the two of them to read. Of course, as he dug through his bag, Kefira caught sight of the book she had made for him all those years ago tucked away in his bag for safe keeping, bringing her to grin. She didn't mention it, though, as he pulled out another book for them to glance over. 

Kefira wasn't much of a reader when it came to sitting on trains or being in cars, it was something that made her tired. Mixed with Neville's warmth, she quickly fell asleep after he had pulled out the book, resting for the remainder of the train ride. Neville remained still and quiet for the train ride as she rested and everyone else in the compartment, seemed respectful enough to do the same while she slept.