Chapter Eighty-Five

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Wilkie Twycross seemed like a nice enough sort as he began instructed the students about the Three D's of Apparition. Destination, Determination, and Deliberation as they were told to recite multiple times to get it into their heads. Kefira had determination down like no other, after being shown up in her favourite class, she was going to work her hardest in order to gain back her rankings in something. Her competitive nature was kicking into overdrive even though it wasn't really a competition among the other students. At the end of the twelve-week course, those that could perform the task of apparating with no problems such as splinching would be able to receive their license. If they failed with so much as even slight splinching, they would be forced to retake the test.

Kefira did not want to be among those that had to retake it so she made sure to channel all her attention into focusing in on the lesson. She thought back how it probably was her fault that she wasn't at the top of her classes like some of her classmates, such as Hermione. Perhaps she could have been regarded as the brightest witch of her age if she had focused harder during the earlier years of her schooling. But with the inability to sit still for long periods of time and often getting bored easily, she had practically shot herself in the foot without realising it. 

Even though Professor Snape had gone about it in a wrong and harsh way than others, he had been the one to push her to work harder. She had fought it initially but she ended learning the most under him, although she learned from Professor McGonagall and Bandile that she didn't need someone to be so hard on her, she sometimes needed extra time and a little bit of help to remain on task. 

But she was ready to tackle Apparition class and show that she could do it. Even if the Chosen One was in the same class, she could do it.

"Step one: Fix your mind firmly upon the desired destination," Twycross called out to the students as they were all focused on their hoops. The centre of their hoops were their first destinations, able to apparate in the Great Hall as the charm had been lifted for the short amount of time.  "In this case, the interior of your hoop. Kindly concentrate upon that destination now."

Rather than looking at her hoop right away, Kefira glanced over at Neville to see how he was fairing. Judging by the way he had squeezed her hand earlier, he was nervous about the lessons, but she couldn't blame them. Even the bravest soul in the room was more than likely quite nervous. There was plenty that could go wrong and no one wanted to be the one that screwed up in front of their peers. Kefira was nervous too but it was a good kind of nervous, she was ready to start.

Eventually, he caught on that she was looking over in his direction as he peered over at her. The two of them smiled at each other, offering little nods of encouragement to one another before Twycross gave out the second instruction.

"Step two," the tiny wizard continued, "focus your determination to occupy the visualized space! Let your yearning to enter it flood from your mind to every particle of your body!"