Chapter Twenty Three

Dear Uncle Bandile,

Dear Uncle Bandile,

I know we agreed to limited contact but before things get any worse here at Hogwarts, I do feel like I need to inform you of some things going on. I've been following everything you've instructed me to do, probably not as fast as you wanted me to but there have been plenty of problems going on here at Hogwarts. I'm sure you're somewhat aware of it, you normally seem to have the inside scoop on things going on. But I don't think you know about this...I've been talking to Godric's portrait and I came upon some really interesting information that I'm more than certain has to do with me. I think I'm getting sick and I think it has to do with-

Kefira had been writing a letter to her uncle when a hand reached out and came to rest on her shoulder. It called her quill to carry across the paper, dragging a black line through her words. 

"Oops," the voice sounded behind her before she turned her head to look over her shoulder. Dean stood close, with an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry about that, Kefi. I thought you heard me walking up behind you."

"S'alright, Dean, what's going on?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing," he said sitting down across from her as she furrowed her brows together in confusion. 

"What do you mean? I-"

"Neville is really worried about you," Dean told her. "And so am I...and Seamus."

She looked away with a guilty expression as she realized that she had hardly spoken to Neville that day or the last couple of days. Anything she sad was a short response, consisting normally of only one word. Neville didn't deserve that and for to claim that she cared very much about him, didn't seem to be adding up with her actions. Quite frankly, Kefira was well aware that she was being a horrid girlfriend. She lifted her hand and rubbed at her forehead before looking across the way at Dean, who was waiting for her to speak. 

"I'm sorry," She told him. "I should be apologizing to all of you for how I've been acting lately."

"You don't have to apologize, Kefi," Dean said with a sincere smile. "We're not angry with you. We want to help you but we can't do that if we don't know what's going on."

"If I fully knew what was going on, I wouldn't be having all these problems," she muttered before glancing up at the boy. "I've just been stressed out lately, you know? With Umbridge and..."

Her voice trailed off but she didn't need to say anything else for it to make sense for Dean. He gave a slow nod of his head. 

"Neville said you weren't happy about her sitting in on Professor Trelawney's class," he said.

Of course she wasn't thrilled about it, it was a terrible inconvenience to have the Pink Embodiment of a fart sitting around the class, stinking up the entire atmosphere with her nauseating perfume, her eye-irritating appearance, and the constant scratching her scribbling down her observations. Kefira had been hoping to talk to the Divination professor about the information she had managed to get from Godric and how it related to what she had written in her dream journal.