Chapter Thirteen

Kefira was curled up in her bed, glad to be back in the dorms during the first night back in the castle. The girls welcomed each other back and spent a good deal of the night discussing their summers, with the exception of Faye who didn't show up until later on in the evening. Parvati, Lavender, and Hermione didn't go out of their way to greet her, but Kefira offered a hello which seemed to startle Faye initially. However, she did offer a hello in return accompanied with a smile, that reassured Kefira that they were on good terms at least. 

The girl was hoping to get through her fifth year with as little as drama as possible but judging from what she had observed of the Umbridge woman, she was already anticipating some trouble. She just wasn't sure how much to expect, but she was preparing herself for anything. She ended up being one of the last to fall asleep as she wrote a letter to her friend, Bisera, hoping to catch up with the girl and see how she was doing. Once she finished, she went to bed, curled beneath her covers and sleeping through until the morning. 

However, the next morning, she woke up early to the dorms in full chaos as everyone was preparing for the first day of classes. She hoped as she pushed herself out of bed that she wouldn't have to fight someone for a shower. It seemed the other girls were anticipating her getting up and made sure that there was one shower available for her, bringing a smile to her face as she would be able to get her shower in before breakfast.

She definitely needed the shower to help tame her hair that morning as she already could sense the knotting that had taken place during her slumber. Having to work in the conditioner was definitely going to be a task all in itself. By the time she finished, she could see all the hair she had shed in the process of detangling and realized that she would be able to open up her own wig business. 

She wished she had caught sight of Angelina in the dorms as she thought about asking the girl to braid her hair again, but she figured she was just going to have to go completely natural that day and let the mane air out. 

Heading down the stairs, Kefira planned on waiting for Neville and the boys to make their way downstairs from the boy's dorms, but as she reached the last step, she caught sight of Neville sitting on one of the sofas waiting for her.

"Morning, Nevs," she greeted her boyfriend as she walked to the back of the sofa and leaned over kissing the side of his cheek. As his cheeks blushed a crimson color, a smile appeared on his face before he turned his head to look up at her.

"Good morning," he replied in return. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did," she told him. "I ended up being the last one to fall asleep last night since I wanted to finish my letter to Bisera. I was hoping to drop it off in the Owlery this morning before heading to breakfast, do you mind?"

"No, not at all," he said pushing himself up. "Are you ready to go?"

"Of course!"

The two stepped out of the portrait and headed down the stairs after wishing Elizabeth a good day.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Kefira asked him as she pulled out her letter to hold in her hand before reaching the owlery. "You seem awfully quiet this morning."

When Neville didn't answer her question right away, Kefira turned her head and looked over at him. Neville walked along, focusing his gaze on his feet with a small frown on his face.

"Nevs? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

The boy sighed before nodding his head. "It was really awkward in the dorms last night,"he confessed. "I didn't really get involved but it got pretty heated between Harry and Seamus last night."