Chapter Fifty Seven

***

***

The night before Neville was due to head to Diagon Alley to get a new wand with his grandmother, he found himself unable to sleep as he rested in his bed. He was staring up in the direction of the ceiling, surrounded by darkness as it was nearing midnight in the Longbottom household. He wasn't sure why he couldn't sleep, he certainly had an eventful day at the Walsh house as he spent the day with Kefira and her family. He arrived at the house early that morning only be attacked by a bucket of water as the Walsh sisters were on the warpath against Cardel. Cardel wasted no time in recruiting the boy to be on his team but with Kefira on the opposing side, none of them stood a chance, especially when the girl got a hold of the hose. 

Eventually, it just became everyone running away from Kefira, every person for themselves as Kefira got a little too carried away with the power of the hose in her hands. However, while Neville was on the losing end, the memory still brought a smile to his face as he laid in his bed that evening. After the water fight, which ended when Alana came outside and found her front garden and yard completely flooded, she ordered everyone to change and find a drier and quieter activity. 

Kefira and Neville had obliged by going for a walk around the land after crossing the river. It was one of the first times where Neville didn't need help. He remembered the first time he had followed Kefira, how she held his hand to assist him in using the rocks while Trevor happily hopped along. Now he led the way, turning over his shoulder to see if Kefira needed help, only to see the girl wading through the water happily. She was still the adventurous one of the two but Neville was coming into his own and he was able to actually see his own growth. 

Of course, he should have learned his lesson not to keep his back turned to Kefira especially when they were around water after the previous battle. She ended up splashing him before he was fully on the other side of the river leaving him to screech at the coldness shooting up his back. He was about to question what was happening when he heard Kefira giggling from behind him. He turned around fully to face her and send back his own attack.

"You're not going to get away with that," he told her.

"I already got away with it, Nevs, it happened," Kefira replied in a challenging tone before she stuck her tongue out at him. 

A cry escaped from her lips as his hands were much bigger and able to provide a much bigger splash in retaliation. Part two of the water continued in the separate location as the two Lions of Gryffindor were prepared to finish what they had started. If anyone in a mile radius was near they would have been splashed to hell as the teens were relentless in their attempts to claim victory. Neville was able to produce bigger splashes but Kefira was faster providing her splashes at a more frequent pace. 

In attempts to end the battle once and for all, Neville decided to take a leap...literally.

With the water blinding her for the majority of the fight, Kefira was unable to see Neville launch his attack before he tackled her back into the water. The two crashed into the water creating a massive surge of water onto the land before they both emerged. He couldn't help but laugh as Kefira's usual poofy mane was flattened and plastered to her head and the sides of her face. Her curls were limp, dripping before she spat water out of her mouth.