Chapter Seventy Two

After the Quidditch practice that ended horribly, Kefira made her way back to the castle in desperate need of a shower. She told Neville she would meet up with him after in the common room, but as she came out of the shower, brushing out her hair to the best of her ability, she saw Ginny sitting on her bed with an angry look on her face. Kefira tried to think back if she had done anything during the practice to warrant the girl being upset with her, but nothing came to mind. Then she wondered if it had to do with Dean, did he say something to her about Seamus? Part of her was hoping and the other half was hoping that it wasn't the case because she didn't want to left with the wrath of Ginny. 

"You alright there?" Kefira asked her as she began running her fingers through her damp curls, trying to separate them. "You look awfully...furious. Are you that upset over the practice? Don't worry, Ron will get-"

"Don't say his name!" Ginny spat angrily as she folded her arms over her chest, her face scrunching up tighter at the mention of her brother's name. "Don't say that idiot's name around me."

"Um, alright," Kefira didn't have the slightest clue as to what was going on, but apparently Ginny wasn't mad at her, which was a good start. But she was definitely upset with Ron. "What did the idiot do?"

Ginny glanced up at her, not looking the surest if she wanted to share the information, but finally, she gave in as she let out a loud and heavy sigh. 

"Dean and I were snogging in the corridor and-" She stopped as Kefira made a face but quickly, Kefira covered it up with a concerned look to keep the story going. "Anyways, Ron and Harry show up, ruining it all and Ron has the nerve to tell me that I can't go snogging who I like in the corridors. Saying that it would make me look bad and worried that I'll give myself the reputation of a slag of some sort. Even if I did, that's none of his business! I swear he's just jealous because he's the only one who hasn't snogged anyone."

"Um well..." Kefira had no idea how to respond, it was true that Ginny could snog anyone she wanted to but she was leaning towards Ron's side just a little as she was hoping that Dean would just drop the nonsense and talk to Seamus. 

"I should have hexed him when I had the chance. He's lucky Harry was there to break it up or Ron would have been sorry."

"Let's be honest, Ginny, if you really wanted to hurt Ron, Harry wouldn't have stood a chance against you. So you were holding back too, it sounds like he was just being a stereotypical older brother. My sister's get protective of me too because I'm the youngest. It might be different you being a girl and him being the older the brother...he's the only one left to look after you."

"I don't need anyone looking after me," Ginny said hotly.

"That doesn't mean they won't. They do it because they care whether you like it or not. If Ron cares enough to think about what others might think of you, he still cares in his own way."

"So you're taking his side then?"

"What? No, I-"

"Dean's noticed that you haven't been very supportive of our relationship either. In fact, just like Seamus, it's like you've been avoiding us too. What gives?"

Kefira narrowed her eyes, Ginny could get away with giving attitude to Ron, but Kefira was sure as hell not going to roll over on her back and take it. 

" Don't take your anger for your brother out on me, Ginny. I won't just stand here and let you talk to me like that. If Dean has a problem with me, he can talk to me himself, I've heard him talk plenty of times on his own. You don't have to speak up for him, he's not a puppet and  if you think I haven't been supportive, wait until you see how unsupportive I can be!" She snapped at Ginny before grabbing a couple of her things and walking out to the stairs.