Chapter Nineteen

It was nearing the early evening on Friday and Kefira was just thankful for the weekend to escape the professors that she was working so hard to avoid

It was nearing the early evening on Friday and Kefira was just thankful for the weekend to escape the professors that she was working so hard to avoid. She just wanted to spend a nice, quiet evening with Neville as he had selected a new book for them to go over in the Common Room. She was definitely looking forward to listening to him read and getting really excited over Herbology facts as they were curled up on the sofa in front of the fire. Neville seemed quite pleased with the idea as well and even kept up the routine of letting Kefira borrow one of his jumpers as they sat together. 

"Is this another one by that woman you like so much?" Kefira asked him as they settled into the sofa.

Neville nodded his head. "Tegwen Gittins," he reminded her. "I found a whole little section of her books that she wrote about all her adventures that she had while traveling around the world. You would probably like the one where she writes about her and Newt traveling out in the west, it's pretty entertaining."

"I'll have to check it out or maybe that could be the next book we read together," Kefira said as she leaned into Neville's side, encouraging him to start reading. 

However, before the two could get started with their evening plans, Angelina came down from the girl's dorm and stood before the two on the sofa. 

"Walsh, what are you doing?" The older girl asked her, placing her hands on her hips and staring directly at the Kefira.

"I'm sitting, Johnson," Kefira replied. "What are you doing?"

"You're supposed to be joining us for the Gryffindor tryouts," Angelina told her. "Remember?"

"Is that tonight?" Kefira made a face, completely forgetting about talking to the Gryffindor quidditch captain about it. 

"Yes and you're going," Angelina said. "Don't make me carry you out to the pitch."

With nothing else to say, Angelina left with a smile on her face with the other girls coming down from the girl's dorm and following her out. Kefira turned to Neville, who seemed quite surprised about the whole ordeal that had happened. 

"I don't have to go," Kefira told him. "You and I made plans-"

Neville turned to her with a smile, catching her off guard even further. "I think you should do it!" He said, growing excited. "I think it would be interesting and I always thought that you would be really good at quidditch."

"You really think so?" She said.

"Well yes," he nodded. "But I remember you saying that you didn't want to do it because there were too many rules involved. I do think you would be amazing at it, though. But that's only if you want to do it, of course."

Kefira smiled before looking around and then giving a shrug of her shoulders. "I guess I can at least give it a try. You'll come down with me, right?"