Boy[1]

"Shawn! Wake up, you have school in 45minutes." The thin white sheet that I was laying under was ripped from off me. I knew it was Olivia who had done that because Kayla wouldn't do that. I was getting real tired of her shit over the past week I had been living here.

I wiped the crust from the corner of my eyes, as I sat up tryna wake up a little better.

Olivia walk off towards the kitchen, and cut on the stove. I wondered why she was so bitter all the time. I stood up feeling the cool air of the small apartment chill my skin as I made my way to the bathroom.

Kayla and Olivia together bought me an all black backpack, a couple notebooks,and four outfits for me to wear throughout the school week.

I didn't know how public school was gonna be. I had been schooled by the orphanage so long that I wasn't sure if I was gonna do alright.

I pulled the all white shower curtain back, and turned the cold and hot nozzles to the left. I stepped into the rain of water to get warm only for the water to be ice cold. I let out a high pitched scream, and hit the tubs floor with a thud.

"Shawn!? What the fuck?!" The white curtain was yanked back in a nano second. I grabbed my privates, and started yelling at her,"CLOSE THE CURTAIN! CLOSE THE CURTAIN! Olivia shut the curtain quick.

I didn't want her to see me without no clothes on. What the fuck did she think this was? I didn't know her like that, and didn't want to.

"Hurry up lil boy, and don't nobody wanna see that little worm you got anyway."

I waited for Olivia to leave the bathroom again before I got up off the tubs floor to finish my shower. I lathered up really good, and let the shower water rinse me off before I got out to dry off.

I went into Olivia and Kayla's room, and got my clothes from their closet. Plain blue jeans, and a black polo shirt. It wasn't nothing name brand, but they were new clothes and I appreciated them for that.

            Olivia handed me a sausage sandwich along with $5.00. I put the money in my back pocket. "Give me a call if you need anything." Olivia kissed my head, and sent me out the door. I walked to the bus stop waiting for a long time while eating my sandwich.

I threw the napkin to the side to see a big ass yellow bus rolling towards me.

It stopped right in front of me, and I climbed on. Everybody was loud, and talking. None of the seats looked empty til I got to this ginger headed white boy who was wearing some large black bifocals

I dropped in the seat beside him, and he looked over at me.

When I looked at him he looked away quick. I laughed to myself. Scared little boy. I was gonna  nice though, this wasn't my hood. "I'm Shawn." I told him. He looked around like he was expecting for me to be speaking to somebody else.

"David." He finally said when he realized I was talking to him. "So whats this school looking like?" David clutched his book tight to his chest looking straight ahead again. "I just stay out of everybody's way."

"Why?"

David's glasses slipped down his nose when he turned to look at me again. "Maybe you shouldn't be talking to me." I was about to ask why again when the bus stop infront of the school. It was in all brick building. It looked old, and uncared for, but it was big.

"Everybody off." The bus driver sounded like somebody who had been smoking all his life, his voice was thick, and raspy.

There was a group of girls who all looked back at me, and all giggled. I was confused, I know I had washed up good this morning. The fuck was they giggling at? I wondered as I followed behind the group of kids getting off.

When I got down the steps I looked over to see David walking off towards the school.

I caught up with him. "Why you walking all fast?" David ignored me this time, and kept walking quick. I stopped tryna catch up with him, and walked at my own pace.

I walked right to office.

I was starting school a month after school had already started, so everybody probably knew each other, and I knew I was gonna be like an outcast. The principle was a black women with large cheeks, and a slender build.

"Shawn Toashez?" I just nodded, and she stood leading me to my locker, and than to my class.

Everybody got quiet when I walked in the class room. The teacher who stood in front of class took me by the shoulders. "Class this is Shawn. Please welcome him." I shook his shoulders off me making my way over to a desk that had my name on it.

I was sitting next to a girl named Ellie.

She was really skinny, and black with two afropuffs that stuck out on each side of her head. She gave me a shy look than looked back at the teacher. I took my note book out when the teacher started talking.

He started doing multiplication problems, then we moved on to science, english, and finally history.

My stomach was growling when the bell finally rang. He walked behind us as we walked to the cafeteria. I took the $5.00 from my pocket once I got nachos, an apple, and some apple juice. The lunch lady gave me a lunch code, and stored the money in my account, and I went to find a seat.

A boy in a black shirt came over to me. "Come sit at the cool table." He lead me over, and I sat down. "Why is this the cool table?" I asked and ate some nachos. "Because we just are." The boy who lead me to the table said with a shrug. I just nodded.

Everybody was talking and eatting, but I was quiet and watching them all. Everybody at the table seemed kinda fake to me, but I didn't say nothing. I got up to the throw my tray away, and saw them same girls look at me again. "What?" I gave them all in annoyed look.

They looked surprised I said something to them. "What?" I asked again.

"We think you look cute." said one white girl. I felt shy for a minute. "Oh, why?"

"You just are. I like your hair, and Ellie wants to be your girlfriend." Ellie gasped making all the girls giggle all over again. I looked at Ellie as she looked away. "Okay. What am I suppose to do?" A couple of the girls looked surprised.

" You hold her hand, sit next to her at lunch time, and you kiss her too." I just nodded. "Okay now?" I wondered. The girls shook there heads, and Ellie was still looking away. "No, you have to do it in private."

I just nodded walking off. All the guys looked at me. "What did they say to you?"

I shrugged. "I have a girlfriend..I think." All of the guys looked at me wide eyed. "Who?" I looked at Ellie than turned to look back them. "Ellie." Everybody at the table either said ew, or gross.

"Whats wrong with Ellie?" I asked.

"She's ugly, look at her." I turned to look at Ellie. She didn't look that bad. I shrugged. "Break up with her." I nodded. "Okay." I got up walking over the girls table. "Ellie." Ellie put her juice down looking at me. "Yes?"

"I'm breaking up with you." I told her.

"Can I be you girlfriend than?" Another girl named Brandy asked. I just nodded. Ellie started crying. I didn't know what to do at that point so I just walked away to the boys table again. They were happier when I told the Brandie was my girlfriend now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol. Player?? or Nah?? or is he just to young to understand?