[ 23 ]

"Thomas, why do you hate people?" We all got quiet. Dr. Adams paced the room for the first ten minutes that we sat there. Thomas cleared his throat."Because people are convincing son-of-a-bitches."

Dr. Adam's nodded. "Have you always felt that way?"

Thomas sat up straighter. "It's just always been My Dad, and me. He once told me you can't trust no-body, and sometimes not even your own family. Not only was he right, but I got to see betrayal with my own eyes, FUCK PEOPLE!"

Thomas sounded serious. He had so much hate for a person.

"Tammie, do you feel that way too?" Tammie flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder. "I guess so. I trust some people, but not everybody. Thomas just sounds like an idiot to me though because I do trust my family."

It got pain-stakingly quiet as Thomas's brown eyes shifted over to Tammie's face. "Fuck you! You ugly white bitch!" Kimi's eyebrows raised in surprise.

Tammie's pale complexion redden, and she looked at her feet feeling obvious fear, and intimidation from Thomas's harsh words.

Thomas was not somebody you could play around with.

"Shawn." I looked at Dr. Adams. "Sup?" He walked over to me. "You said what makes you tick are liars, and hypocrites." I laughed.

"Doc, I honestly don't need this class anyway. This shit is stupid fo-real. I don't got problems like Thomas, and Tammie. I'm not mad at nobody. All I ask is for some honesty, and not to play with me, I've been around to many fake ass people."

Thomas looked at me," Who the fuck you talkin' to dude? Don't tell me what I got." Dr. Adams made no response, he just walked around getting more information about everybody, then he stopped at Kimi. "Kimi." Kimi looked at him.

"What did you say your tick was."

Kimi shrugged. "Weakness, and stupidity." Dr. Adams nodded he pointed to Thomas. "Does Thomas seem weak." Kimi nodded. Thomas for once made no response. "Why?" Kimi moved her hair away from her face.

Her face was still covered in a big piece of gauze.

"He allows people who give his life no validation to get under his skin. If somebody that you could care less about is able to get  to you than you are weak. Period." Dr Adams looked impressed. Kimi had always been smart as hell.

Thomas still said nothing.

"Aren't we all guilty of that Kimi?" Kimi rolled her eyes. "I'm not, but you all are. I don't let people that I don't care about get to me, If I care about you i'll snap off on you, but-" I shook my head. "That's a bold face lie Kimi, you went off on a girl that Quincy was with, and she didn't even say nothing to you."

Kimi looked at me. She looked pissed that I had the nerve to interrupt her.

"Excuse me, it's not your time to speak, and yes I went off on her. So? I liked Quincy, and all he was dating was these nasty girls" I laughed. "Fuck all that Kimi, you were lying." Kimi glared me. "Shut up Shawn, you hate what you are. You lie, and you are a fucking hypocrite."

I had never heard Kimi cuss before, So I knew she was probably heated.

"Never that." I told her. Kimi rolled her eyes at me. Dr Adams looked between as well as everybody else did. "Why is he what he says he hates Kimi?" Kimi looked at Dr Adams. "He goes around telling girls stuff that they wana hear, than later you find out its all a lie."

Tammie shook her head. "I hate guys like that. You can tell he's like that though, cause he look hella good. You can tell he would play you."

All the girls started agreeing.

"She's just upset because I ain't ask her to be my girl." I told Tammie.

Tammie kissed her lips. "Who the fuck would wanna be your girl? Don't talk to her like she would die if she wasn't your girl. Shut up Shawn. Guys like you make me sick.

All the girls started nodding in agreement

Why the fuck was they coming at me like that? I was being real. I just shut up. It was to many females in this class for me to plead my case.

Kimi smiled proudly like she was happy they all turned on me so quickly.

Thomas eyed Kimi. "You know what Kimi, you really pretty, but you one of them broads that think they better than everybody, tryna get people to back you up. I wish I was the one that did whatever you got hiding under that bandage."

Kimi turned sharp in her chair. "Maybe I am better than a lot people, and I can't help if people agree with me, and nigga if you wanna mess with me than let do this." Kimi got up quick, and Thomas stood up.

Dr. Adams made them both sit away from each other after that.

We spent the time talking about what made us tick up until it was time to go. Dr. Adams stayed in the building while we all sat outside waiting for our rides. Tammie kept on looking over at me. I know she wants me, her fronting ass. I shook my head.

I had stopped smoking for a little minute, but right now I was itching for a cigarette.

Kimi was sitting away from everybody waiting on her Mom to come get her. Within the next couple minutes people were disappearing into cars left, and right.

It was just Me, Tammie, Thomas, and Kimi waiting.

"The teacher is inside Thomas if you wanna own up to your threat." I stood up when Thomas got up, He was a little taller than me. "Man, don't." I told him. Kimi laughed. "Move Shawn let him, so I can show him how to fight." Thomas walked passed me.

I honestly didn't think he would do shit, but he punched Kimi hard in her head eye . I guess she wasn't expect him to be so harsh, but he was whooping her ass to the point where started screaming.

I ran over tryna pull Thomas off Kimi.

Kimi was screaming my name in bloody murder as he started to slam her head into the concrete of the steps. When I finally got him off of her I started to whoop his ass, Dr. Adams rans outside he suddenly grabbed Thomas away from me re-straining him.

I looked back at Kimi to see her touch her head to see if she was bleeding. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head just after she took in her crimson covered finger tips. She slumped into the steps -- her unconcious body rolled down the steps till we heard the front of her head crack against the very bottom of the last step.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------