[22]

"Shawn I just wanna say I'm sorry, but you have to understand why I did it." It had barely been a week since the incident, and Monae was already tryna make up . She looked like she was tired. Her eyes were real glassy as if she had been crying all night.

She was already showing a little at 4months pregnant.

People were assuming it was mine. Monae was being pegged as a slut, and I was getting called "Daddy." Although the kid ain't even mine. I didn't open my mouth about it though.  She had done me wrong, but I kept her business to myself.

I shrugged. "I understand, but they dont make you right either." I told her." Monae ndded. "I'm sorry Shawn. I still really care about you."Monae was suggestive with her words, but I'm not tryna hear that right now.

"Monae, we not about to get back together, fall back."

I moved past her leaving her to stand there and watch me. I went right back into the cafetria siting beside C. "You good?" I nodded. "Yeah." C started eating his lunch again saying nothing else. I pushed my tray out the way, and put my head down on tabletop till the bell rang.

Olivia now dislike Monae. She felt sorry for her because of what she had suffered to get to her point of despair, but that fact that Monae lied when she needed to really tell the truth, made her really despise Monae.

                                       She was no longer welcomed in our apartment.

Kayla and Olivia swiped a lot of my privileges from me after that. My curfew was now at 9:00pm instead of 11:00pm. I was not allowed to date until I graduated high school, and I was also going to take a 12week anger management course after school everyday.

                "Do five laps around the track. When your done come sit." We all followed behind the coach as we walked outside. It was hot, and I could already feel myself sweating. We all got to the track, and the coach had us stretch before he blew his whistle.

I took off at my own pace with my dreads flying behind me. I didn't think about nothing, I just looked up at the sky as I was running. I came to an abrupt stop when I crashed into the back of somebody. I somersaulted into the air scraping the skin off my knees when I slid across the concrete track, and into the fence that in closed the bleachers.

The coach ran over to me immediately. My knees were soaked in blood when I rolled around to sit up. "Brandon, take Shawn to the nurse." I wanted to cuss the coach out for assigning Brandon to take me.

I guess he thought we still were friends.

"Kimi,are you okay?!" I heard the coach shout. Kimi had a big scrape down the side of her face. It was bleeding really bad. I realized I had run into her. Two girls helped her to stand up.

               My knee's stung as I walked slowly beside Brandon. "I just wanna let you know, I know what I did was messed up, and I'm sorry I did it." Brandon told me when we got half way there. If my knee's didn't hurt so bad I probably woulda beat his ass for talking to me.

Once you lose my trust. We are no longer coo, and there is nothing else you can say to me to make up for it.

Brandon walked away once the nurse took me into the back. She gave me something to bite on while she doused both my legs with alcohol. I punched the wall as the sting of it hit me hard. "I'm sorry sweetie, but you got cut up real bad, and you keep bleeding, I'm going to have to put pressure on your knees okay?"

Her pressing directly on my cuts wasn't as bad as the alcohol.

We both looked up when Kimi came walking in. Her shirt had blood on it. The nurse quickly patched my legs up before caring for Kimi. Kimi didn't even moved when the nurse rubbed her face down with the alcohol

She just sat there with no expression on her face. The nurse walked away to call our parents once she taped some gauze on to Kimi's scrape.

We sat there quietly. I hadn't talked to Kimi in like four months. "I'm sorry I ran into you." I finally spoke to Kimi. The nurse came in to tell us that she was sending us home for the day. We both nodded as she left again.

"Its okay." Kimi finally said after ten minutes. We were silent for another five minutes till Kimi looked at me. "Have you guys picked out names?" I leaned my head against the wall looking up the ceiling. "its not mine." I told Kimi honestly.

"I'm sorry." Kimi apologized. I don't know what for though. it wasn't her fault. "Its not your fault. Its okay." I closed my eyes til I felt Kimi grab my hand, and squeeze it. I looked over at her. She still was pretty even with that big ass piece of guaze covering half her face.

We both jumped pulling our hands away when Kayla, and Kimi's Mom came busting in. Kimi's Mom grabbed her in a hug after examining her face. Kayla kissed my forehead helping me off the table. I hissed when I had to walk.

  I got to skip anger management that day, but the very next day I found myself sitting in a class-room surrounded by 12 people my age, some older. I was a little surprised to see Kimi there. I didn't know she had anger issues.

"I'm Doctor Adams, and when I point to you, I want you to tell me your name, and what makes you tick. He point at a white girl with long blonde hair, she was real skinny. "Tammie, and people ." Next to her was Kimi. "Kimi, I hate the weak, and stupid." beside Kimi was a real tall guy, he looked about 17. "Thomas, same as Tammie.

Around the circle of twelve people he went, then he pointed lastly at me.

"Shawn, I hate liars, and hypocrites."

----------------------------------------------