Teen [9]

Eighth Grade....

         At this point I was over these females at Bridgeway Middle. Kimi being the main one. She front way to much for me. I feel like she can sometimes be as fraudulent as Chris, and Jamal.

         I walked over to Kimi's lunch table, and all seven of her friends turned to look at me.

"Aye Kimi, can you accompany me at the dance?" I call myself using a big word because she was smart, and shit. "Get out my face. You, and them nasty dreads." All the girls at the table was either gasping, or laughing,

"You wasn't saying all that when you was feeling on em over the summer-time." All the girls was staring hard at Kimi waiting on her to speak up. "Boy please. You know didn't nobody even kiss you." I just shook my head walking back to my own table.

She was sending to many mixed signals.

Even with her smart ass mouth, and her frequent eye rollin' -- I was feeling her. James, and Brandon both eyed me as I sat down again again on the opposite side of the table. "She shut me down. I don't like fake shit. Fuck her, and this middle school."

James and Brandon didn't respond because they know how I am about the same ol' bull-shit over, and over again.

Quincy, and Jamal was going to Dushane Senior High. They left along with the crowd of people that I had gotten cool with. I wasn't chill with nobody in my grade except for James, and Brandon.

I hadn't hung with anybody in 7th grade last year. So I didn't know anybody this year. I was back with my Ol' crew. Olivia actually liked James over Quincy, but I still hung out with Quincy.

As much as I didn't like Jamal, Quincy didn't like Brandon. Quincy was certain that Brandon was gay. I don't know how he had figured that out, or how he  knew, but I didn't tell him if he was right. 

Even though I didn't really understand his sexuality, but I still had promised Brandon that I wouldn't tell anybody til he was ready to "come out the closet."

Kimi was no longer friends with Jasmine because of a rumor that had been going around saying that she was only friend with Kimi, because she wanted to get with Quincy. Kimi found out it was true, and she beat Jasmine's ass.

Chasity and Kimi got closer after that,but during the summer time Chasity had gotten killed in a plane a crash. I though Kimi was fake because she didn't even act sad about it.

She just moved on to another group of friends.

Brandon convinced me that maybe she was just holding a lot in. I was still tryna believe him cause she did put on a front about everything for some reason.

When I said Kimi had kissed me I wasn't lying --- well, maybe a little. I was over Quincy's house all day cause Olivia had pissed me off. I was getting real tired of her treating me like I was some stupid ass little kid, So I left.

It was 6pm and Quincy's Dad let us order a couple pizza's telling us to share with Kimi.

I took the box to her room telling her to get some. She reached around and ripped the top of the box off, before getting her like four slices. She said Thank you, and than she kissed me on my cheek.

It was a kiss either way.

Brandon still liked me. I didn't care anymore though, because I don't like dudes, and he respected me so he didn't try to get at me, and we just stayed cool, and even though it was hard for me to get use to, I even told Dude he could hit me up if he ever needed to talk about it.

I didn't wanna limit his conversation, but I had to pull my ear away from the phone a couple times when he would start talking about how some dude that he thought was cute made him hard. I was digusted, but Brandon was always cool with me so I was trying -- especially since he didn't have nobody else to talk to about it yet.