[26]

The saddest, sweetest,and happiest chapter ever.

             --------------------------------------------------------------                                

                                                                  [Kimi]

I tried to open my eyes. I tried to jump up. If I was alive  why couldn't I move? Was this heaven? I did not like this. "She's in a vegetative state. She doesn't appear brain dead so  she can still breath on her own. She may even cry, laugh, and possibly move her eyes. Try talking to her. She can hear you. She's just unconscious. Tell that that your a trooper Right Kimi?" I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

I wanted to agree with the man talking, but I couldn't nod though I tried to all my might.

I felt warm finger tips on my cheek."Kimi?" I heard Shawn's voice. I really tried to say yes. I tried with all my might. It broke my heart that I couldn't speak to him, to tell him that I was okay. "I love you."

he sounded so choked up. "Imma find out who did it." I wanted to scream it out I tried to blink, anything. I didn't care. God please let me communicate with him. I prayed in my head.

"I saw her eye's move." I heard my Mom say suddenly. "She's listening" I heard the unfamiliar voice say. I felt lips on my own. They were Shawn's I wanted to smile. He smelled like he'd been playing around with my perfume.

It was this strawberry scented body spray I had bought. I bought it to wear it for him because he had some weird obsession with that smell. I had never even got to open the bottle.

"Can you hear me baby?" At least they saw me eyes move. I tried to flutter my eyes again I was successful when I heard Shawn chuckle. "You can cant you?" I want to smile, but I was only able to biink again.

I heard everybody in the room laughing a little. "Kimi, you were shot in the spine, but by God's miracle, you are still with us." I suppose the man talking was a doctor, and I was in the hospital. I didn't know how I long the lord would allow them to see me moving my eyes though I couldn't open them.

"She's listening." I heard Kayla say, and then I felt Shawn lips touch mine again. "You have been sleeping for a long time baby for about two weeks now. Im glad you can hear me. I wish you could talk back, but I'll take anything I can get right now"

 Two weeks was a long time for me to be laying down, I felt lazy as hell laying here. "Knowing you, you probably feel lazy, and like you need to do something." I wanted to laugh. I was successful at that when I heard my Mom say

"Look! Look at her eyes! It's like she's laughing. They crinkled at the sides like they when she laughs. DID YOU SEE THAT! Baby girl please wake up for me."

I heard my Mom plead with me.

                                                            [ Shawn ]

I reached over taking Kimi's hand in my own. I was hoping she would be able to hold it back maybe, ,but nothing happened. her eyes just moved every so often moved when you spoke to her as If she was listening, but I don't know if she really heard me, but I was hoping she did.

I was so torn up right now. I really wanted to hear her say I love you too. The doctor was talking about the baby was still alive, Kimi may just pass on from having our son. She'd would have to give her life for the baby's. 

None of us wanted that.

I didn't want that at, but there was a possibility that she would never come respond again, and the baby would be an emergency C-section. Kimi liked the name Cole for some reason. I hated it, but for her I didn't care. I'd name the baby whatever she wanted.

I looked at Kimi wanting to cry. I was tryna stay strong, but it was hard.

The police were busy tryna figure out who it was, but the person had left without a trace, and Kimi couldn't tell us. I wish I knew. Kimi was only 17, and 6months pregnant. We didn't have a whole lot of time to decide anything.

What if she did wake up one day?

It was to much to think about for me right now. I put my head on her chest listening to her heart beat. It was the one thing that let me know that she was stilll here with me.

                                                             [Kimi]

I felt Shawn's tears seeping through my shirt, and I wanted to rub his scalp like I did whenever he got stressed out or upset. I reached for his head instantly remembering that I couldn't touch him. I wanted to cry.

"Doc She's crying." I heard my Mom. "I told you that it's possible she is listening to us." The doctor repeated cheerfully.

"Don't cry Kimi" I heard Shawn say I felt him wipe the corner of my eye, but I kept crying. I couldn't talk, I couldn't touch him, and I didn't want to go, not like this. I need to tell him who it was, I needed to let him know that I loved him. 

We were suppose to go FSU together.

"I'm sorry I made you cry." I heard him say.  "I love you BuggaBoo." I wanted to slap he knew I hated that name. "You hear me Buggaboo?" Kayla start laughing. "Stop Shawn your make her eyes go to work."

"Maybe she will jump up if I make her made enough." I heard Shawn say. Everybody in the room laughed at that. "Hit me Kimi. I know you hate that name." I felt him put my hand to his face. I tried to hit him, but It went unsuccessful.

I heard Shawn sigh. "Kimi if you don't wake up, Im gonna come up here in the morning and paint your nails bright pink." I hated the color pink he better not. "Shawn when she wakes up she is going to hurt you."

"No she won't she soft." I'll show him soft. I tried to sit up, to move, anything, but nothing. "Kimi, moving you eyes ain't no threat." I tried to open my eyes again, and by Gods Glory I was successful. I could move, couldn't speak, could do anything but looking around to see My Mom cry, and Kayla and Olivia smile.

Shawn was so cute, I kept my eyes on him cussing him out even though he could hear me. He smiled at me. "I guess I won't be painting your nails than."He said to me.

Damn right.

------------------------------------------------------

Fact;

            Being in a vegetative state or coma can allow the unconscious person to hear, and sometimes to see though they are unable to respond, to have an expression, or to move. Occasionally an unconcious personal can even laugh, cry, and open his or her eyes.

-Nurse Bea.