[18]

[ Kimi ]

"Kimi!" I shoved my math book off my bed when the numbers started to float off the page. High school was stressing me out. I had done fine in elementary, and middle school, but high school was hard. I was definately not letting my Mom see my report card at the end of the quater.

I had already failed all of the math tests.

"Yes?!"I screamed back at my Mom planting my face into my comforter.My head was pounding. "I'm going to the store. Do you want- Whats wrong pooh?" I turned my head towards my Mom. "Nothing. I just have a head ache."

My Mom lowered her purse from her shoulder digging around in it til she pulled out a bottle of asprin. She popped the top before handing me two white pills. "Take these baby. Do you want anything? I know you like skittles." I smiled.

"Okay." My mom smiled at me. "I'll be back. I have to pick something up for dinner."

I waited for the sound of my Mom's car before I leaped across the bed for my cellphone. She had made me delete Shawns number, but she still checked my phone to see if I had tried talking to him. I would just delete my phone history though.

He was so popular that it was hard to get in contact with him sometimes, and ontop of that he was stand offish whenever I would try to walk up to him. It was kinda of annoying, but I was trying not to let it bother me.

My Mom can't watch me 24/7. So why wouldn't he try to talk to me where she's less likely to show up?

I dialed his number and let the phone ring. It didn't ring but once and in came Monae's voice. "Hello?" I rolled my eyes already wanting to hang up. I was really getting tired of her. Everything about her irked me.

"Can I speak to Shawn." The other end got quiet, and for a second I thought she hung up until I heard a deep voice ask,"Whose this." I fet my face heat up. I covered up the phone breathing in and out.

Shawn just didn't understand how nervous he made me.

"Shawn. Its Kimi." I smiled. "Kimi, you gotta stop calling me. What if your Mom catches you." I leaned my head against my window watching for her car. "She went to the store." I frowned, I just really wanted to hear his voice why was he bugging so bad.

"Naw Kimi. I'm not tryna get in trouble." I sighed. "Shawn. I just wanna talk to you." He went silent. "Well I cant anyway, I have company over." My heart fell. Did he like Monae more than me? I didn't know what to say.

I just really didn't want him to go.

"Okay." I walked away from my window and plopped onto of my bed. "I'll see you at school tomorrow Kimi." I wanted to ask him so many things. Did she have sex with him? What made her so much better than me? Was it because she dressed up, and I was always lounging around, even in public.

"Yeah, but you wont talk to me." I spoke to the dial tone. I deleted Shawns number and called Ebony. I didn't really have any close friends, but I could atleast talk to Ebony even though she was Monae's friend too.

I talked to Ebony until my Mom got home, and then I was pretty content just sitting on my bed eating skittles, and watching TV til dinner.

My Mom ate in my room with me while we watched a movie.

I fell asleep sometime in between there to feel her shaking me awake. "Baby, get up. you have school." I yawned nodding to my Mom as I got up dragging my feet to the shower. I let the water wash through my hair so when I get out it would curl up.

I stayed in the shower for an extended period of time trying to wake up, because lord knows I will fall asleep in class. I got out fifteen minutes later wet and dripping -- walking over to the linen closet I pulled out a towel drying off.

I started pulling on my usual jeans and a t-shirt till I thought about Shawn. I really wanted him to notice me because lately he hadn't been. I didn't want my Mom question me though. I slid on these mulitcolored leggings I had never dared to wear out anywhere, and a white top that was tight against me.

I spun around in my full length mirror satified with how I was looking. I decided to put on a bigger top and a pair of jeans ontop of the outfit I was planning to wear. I would just take them off infront of the group, and put it in my locker later. 

                         I walked over to 106 to see Shawn there, but not Monae. I was usually the first person here. I did not like to be late. "Hi Shawn. Where is everybody?" Shawn shrugged looking at me, "Not here, Monae went to the bathroom. "Oh." I lifted my bigger shirt over my head exposing my tight white top underneath.

I folded it avoiding Shawn's stare while I took off my jeans putting them away too. I pulled the bobby pin from my hair letting it fall curly. Shawn was eyeing me, and my ego was really high till Monae came over looking even better in a black shirt, and a top that tied at the side.

Shawn looked back at her smiling. "Took you hella's."

Monae smiled back . I rolled my eyes. C, and Nuke came walking up. If Ebony didn't like C I would probably see if I could get with him, C was fine, and he was funny too. C smiled at me. "Hi Kimi." He tickled my sides. I giggled, responding back to him while looking at Nuke. I thought Nuke was kinda weird. He never says much he just stares at me a lot.

The bell rang, and I walked off from them.

               PE was over, and I was waiting for Shawn to come out of the locker room, If this was the only way I would get to talk to him than that I was fine with me. Other guys walked out eyeing me, and smiling, but I ignored them all until Shawn came walking out.

Shawn eyed me. "Whats up Kimi." I pulled him into the door of the locker room. I really didn't know what I wanted. I just wanted his attention, and now that I had it I didn't know what I wanted. So I hugged him laying my head on his chest.

I felt him hugging me back. I smiled looking up at him. He was so fire I swear. Our eyes met and we started kissed walking further back behind the lockers. Shawn pulled back from my lips. "Kimi, I like the way you dressed before. You don't have to dress up for me. Just be you. You look really good when you dress the way you dress."

I smiled. "I do?" Shawn noded smiling back at me holding me a little. "Lets go to class before we late. I don't need no more issues with this school. 

I really wanted to stay there, and have him hold me, because I knew that this wouldn't last long, but I followed Shawn out the locker room, and into the hall. He even held my hand till we got to my class, and than he went to lunch.

----------------------------------------------------------