[28]

[ Kimi ]

"What should we name our daughter?" I asked Shawn one day as we sat around in the living room. Shawn gave me a stale look. "What?" Shawn rested his hands on my stomach. It  protruded quite a  bit.

I was just around 3months.

"It's a boy." I laughed. "How would you know?" Shawn  smiled. "I just know." I just rolled my eyes. "Boy, be quiet." I felt Shawn suddenly kiss me passionately. I loved him so much. I couldn't wait til we got away from North Carolina, and went off to school at FSU.

We planned to get an apartment, and raise Cole while we went to school. They had a day care and everything.

Shawn's kisses deepened as he crawled on top of me.

I giggled quietly as he bit my neck gently. My Mom was asleep, and Shawn wasn't really suppose to be here, but it was clear to my Mom that she would not be able to split us up. Somebody would have to kill me before I allowed myself to be away from him.

I just know we will get married one day. I just know it..

"I want to name him Cole." I told Shawn. Shawn pulled away from my neck his face in a ugly screw. "That name nasty as hell" I laughed. "I've always always like that name." I really didn't have a reason why.

 I just thought it was a cute name.

Shawn didn't respond as his started kissing me neck again. "Stop Shawn before you start something." Shawn's tongue ran along my neck. "Maybe  I am tryna start something."

I pushed Shawn away sitting up.

"Go home before you get kicked out again." Shawn laughed. My Mom had kicked Shawn out so many times already, but I'd always let him back in. Shawn reached into his back pocket suddenly.  A silver ring shined against the light in the living room.

"I love you, and I want you to know that I'm always here baby no matter what happens."

                         Tears trailed my face as I awoke. My eyes made their way open to see my Mom talking to the doctor. Shawn was to the left of me eyeing my feeding bag. He was so amused by it for some strange reason.

I wanted to laugh even as the tears fell. He finally looked over at me -- his brow frowning in concern. I felt him wipe my tears.

"Whats wrong baby?" He asked. 

                                                 I wanted to tell him that I loved him.

I could only imagine how bad he was hurting. I didn't want him to hurt anymore. I wanted him to be happy. I couldn't make him happy anymore. I wanted him to have someone that he could love.... that he could hold.

I didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted him to be happy. He should be enjoying his life, not in the hospital. I felt Shawn's warm touch once more, like he was trying to comfort me.

I closed my eyes feeling him stroke my face...

                                                                   [ Shawn ]

I smiled as Kimi close her eyes, while I stroked her soft skin. "Kimi." I wanted to see her eyes. My heart hit the pit of my stomach as I watched her chest rise, and fall. Then it was like she stopped breathing.

"Kimi! Please don't leave me baby."

The machine next to her flatlined. A couple nurses grabbed her Mom and I away as they went to work to save her. I cried out loudly watching them rush her out the room.

"KIMI!" I screamed after them

                                                 "Naw we not doing purple." I told Kimi as we waltzed around the mall shopping for prom. "Why?" Kimi asked as we walked into a dress store. "I'm not gay." Kimi popped me upside the head.

"Shawn wearing purple does not make you gay."

I wrapped my arms around her waist rubbing her pregnant stomach. I bit her ear. "You wanna go somewhere after this?" I said it in the most suggestive way possible. Kimi laughed. "No." I smiled watching her pulled out a dress. It was sexy. "Let's get that one. If you get that one than I'll dye my hair purple... If you want."

Kimi laughed shoving me. "Don't do that. That would be scary. We can't afford it anyway. Its 230.00" Kimi put it back dragging me out the store towards the food court. "I'm starving." I let her drag me.      "You pregnant women always be hungry, or sick." Kimi only smiled.

"Shawn." Kimi turned to look at me. "Whats up baby?" Kimi touched my face. "You can stop crying. I promise everything will be okay. Don't cry. I just wanted you to be happy." I looked at Kimi strangely. "What are you talking about baby?"

I was immediately brought back to reality as I dropped to my knees next to Kimi's Mom. I held her tight.

            Cole as I named him was in the ICU. Kimi was now surviving because of a machine they had hooked up to the wall. I kept calling her name, but she remained "asleep". She looked peaceful.

I got up to go look at Cole.

The youth nurse smiled at me letting me come in. Cole was very small. He had curly hair much like Kimi did. The nurse put a chair beside me, I sat. Cole lay on his stomach machines connected to him.

Kimi's Mom didn't even wanna see him. 

He looked like Kimi by the face. He had her nose, her eyes. I let tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn't take care of him properly. Not without her. I left the ICU immediately. I was almost out the hospital doors.

I couldn't take this.

"Shawn!" I heard somebody call me. I looked over my shoulder to see Monae. She was no longer pregnant. I suppose she'd lost her baby. I hadn't  seen her in a while. I wondered why she was here.

"I came to visit Kimi she told me." My eyes clouded with tears remembering. Monae noticed and I felt her grab me tight pulling me close. I held on to her crying.

Monae rubbed my back. "Its okay Shawn."

I left the hospital with Monae. I even followed her to her house because I needed somebody to talk to.

"We'll find her killer Shawn." Monae told me.

I nodded feeling her kiss me all to suddenly. Tears fell from my eyes as I kissed back, but I pulled away quick when I thought about Kimi. "Please stop." I told her. Monae started to apologize, but I was already on my way out the front door.

                                                I didn't want anybody else. I needed Kimi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just hang in there it gets happier:)

-Bea