Store Trip

After I had went onto the bus and found Dad's wallet, taking his debit card, and followed the bus to where Ben was waiting on me, I nervously bit my lip. I still felt awkward with Ben. Ben smiled at me, "Niamh is excited you're coming tonight. She said she wants girl time at some point on this tour."

Before I could reply Dani ran up to us and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a side hug, "Here's the cutest little show junkie."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. I forgot Dani has only heard me say a few small sentences and I let him see the side of me where I completely open up and let music take me over. Plus, he called me cute. Dani gave a little smile, "What? You can sing every one of our songs but you still won't talk to us?"

"She can be a shy baby turtle all she wants, Dani." Ben said as he started walking to the far end of the building behind the buses where fans weren't stalking, motioning for me to follow him. Dani quietly followed us, keeping his arm around my shoulders. As we got to the corner of the building where the fence meets, Ben moved the fence and gently pushed me and Dani through before following and closing the gap off.

Ben pulled his cell phone out and started to search for the nearest store, "We have a Wal-Mart just a few blocks down. When we get there we'll grab a trolley and get everything."

"I can't buy alcohol, so I'll leave you to do that. I'll get all the snacks." I replied. 

Dani and Ben both looked at me, a smile on their faces. I just looked down at the ground and kept my pace with them. Dani lit a cigarette, "Do you smoke, baby turtle?"

I shook my head, "No. I tried it once and coughed my lungs up for like an eternity. And Mike yells at me all the time saying I shouldn't ever smoke."

Ben chuckled, "Right he is."

We walked in silence the rest of the way to Wal-Mart. It wasn't an awkward silence. I felt a little closer to Dani since the show and Ben was just always nice. When we walked into the building Ben grabbed a shopping cart and started to ride it through the entrance, getting himself scolded by one of the workers. Dani chuckled and shook his head, as if he's always used to this. As people started to look at us I felt my anxiety kick in. Dani noticed when I stopped walking, "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head. I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I continued on my route, trying to catch up with Ben who was now a few isles up. Dani glanced down at me, "Is it your anxiety?"

I looked up at him. How did he even know I have anxiety? I never spoke of it and only people close to me know. I raised my eyebrow, "How did you know?"

He gave me a soft smile, "Tony told us that night you were sick in case if you had any kind of attack we could be prepared."

Mentally I scolded Dad. He told them I had anxiety and he knew I was self conscious about it. Heat rushed to my cheeks as I glanced back down at the floor. Dani draped his arm over my shoulders again, "Don't worry little turtle, Ben and I are here for you."

I nodded, "Thank you, Dani."

"Any time." Dani said and smiled before pulling me down the beer isle where Ben was filling the cart up with all kinds of stuff. Ben looked up at me, "Anything in particular you want?"

I shook my head, "I don't drink. But I do want some fruit punch."