It All Means Nothing To You

I woke up sandwiched between two bodies. One was holding me closely with an arm around me and their hand intertwined in mine, snoring loudly in my ear. The other had a hand on my cheek and their head leaned down on top of mine. I groaned and tried to roll over, failing to move much. I opened my eyes to see Jaime's face in front of mine. Did they really have to hold me like this?

I kicked my legs around so they would wake up. I heard a groan from behind me, signaling Dad was waking up. 

"Jules? Are you alright?" Dad asked as he pulled me tighter into him and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm fine, Dad. Can I get up?" I asked, sounding more annoyed than I intended. Dad gave a small sigh before loosening his grip on me and sitting up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry for breaking the four day rule." I said as I climbed over Jaime to grab my cell phone. Dad grunted from stretching, "You didn't break the rule. The guys all agreed when you were younger that you wouldn't be included."

I couldn't help a small smile that formed on my face. I have full authority to annoy the boys even after tour! Did they do that so I wouldn't feel left out or forgotten after tour when I was younger? Jaime made a loud snore which made me chuckle, "So You and Jaime broke the rule, then."

Dad shrugged, "We technically haven't talked or looked at each other. I forgot he was here."

I climbed over Jaime to get off of my bed while Dad slid down to the bottom to get up. I went into the bathroom to relieve my tiny bladder of its contents. When I was finished and had washed my hands and brushed my teeth, I left the bathroom only to be greeted by the smell of coffee in the hallway. I went downstairs and into the kitchen to see Dad leaning against the counter looking on his phone.

I stood next to Dad and gave him a hug, "Thank you for coming in there last night."

"I'm always here for you, Princess." He said as he planted a kiss on the top of my head, "Care to tell me what happened? I just know I was woken up to you calling me on the phone and when I answered you hung up and after the second time I went into your room to see Jaime with your phone and you cuddled up next to him."

I looked up at Dad and sighed, "I just had a panic attack. I didn't want to wake you up and I was about to call Jaime but my phone called him for me and he heard me crying and before I knew it he was here. Did you have to give him a spare key?"

Dad chuckled, "Yes. If I didn't then how could he help you when you're too panicked to wake me up? Why did you have a panic attack?"

I shrugged.

I knew it was because I wasn't used to this house. I was used to tour. And I was used to the old house. This house didn't feel like my home. I didn't feel welcome here yet. But I didn't want Dad to know that. He was so excited about getting a new house that was bigger. He wanted a house with a basement so he could have a studio. I didn't want him to be deprived of anything. he does deserve everything, after all.

Dad wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into a hug, "Is it how new the house feels? You can stay with Jaime if you want to."

I shook my head, "I don't want to leave you."

"Let's make a fort in the guest room. Remember how we used to do that when you were feeling anxiety?" Dad asked.

I nodded. I remembered it clearly. A fort sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

~~~~~

"What the hell is going on here?!" Elizabeth yelled as she came into the apartment.

The four men around me all when quiet. Daddy mouthed something to Jaime, Vic, and Mike before crawling out of the fort. I reached for Daddy. I still had the strange feeling in me and I wanted him here with me, too. Mike grabbed me and pulled me into his lap. Vic picked up Jellybean from the floor and made her pink nose kiss me repeatedly.

"Lizzie, watch your language. Juliet is here." Daddy said softly but I could still hear him.

"I don't give a damn about my language. I cleaned this apartment before I left this morning and you've destroyed it. Those bums you call your friends aren't good influences on you." Elizabeth yelled.

"The fort was MY idea, Lizzie. I thought it would help Juliet with her anxiety." Daddy said sternly.

It was silent between the two now and Jaime had come into my view to make funny faces for me. I didn't want to focus on either of the guys. I just wanted my Daddy. I heard Elizabeth sigh, "Everything you do is for Juliet."

"She's my daughter, Elizabeth. She comes first."

I heard a loud sound which made me jump in Mike's arms. He held me tighter as Elizabeth started to yell again. Jaime covered my ears so I couldn't hear anything. I was terrified. I didn't know what was going on and all I wanted was Daddy.

After what seemed like forever Jaime removed his hands from my ears and the only thing I could hear as he crawled out of our fort was someone crying. I looked up at Mike, "What happened?"

He gave me a small, forced, smile, "Don't worry, darling. It's going to be alright."

"Where's Daddy?" I asked.

"He's going to be back in our fort soon." Vic said as he took me from Mike's arms and held me to him tightly. The crying became louder and I knew it was Daddy. I shoved myself from Vic and ran out of the fort. Jaime was sitting in the floor beside Daddy and Daddy was crying on his shoulder. I didn't know what happened but I knew I needed to help Daddy. Vic picked me up before I could run over to Daddy, "Juliet-"

"PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled at Vic as tears came to my eyes. I just wanted my Daddy.

Daddy looked up at us from Jaime's shoulder, "Put her down, Vic."

Vic sighed before setting me on my feet as Daddy wiped at his tears. I ran to him as fast as I could and hugged him. I didn't like him upset. I started to cry because I didn't know why Daddy was upset. He hugged me tightly, "It's okay, Princess."

"Why are you hurting, Daddy?" I asked.

"Because someone I loved hurt me. They broke my heart." He said trying to hold back a sob. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, "I love you, Daddy. I'll never break your heart or hurt you."

He chuckled a little as he hugged me again, "I love you, Princess."