Runaways

"So what's your phone number?" Blake asked me as he walked beside me through the side doors of the school leading out towards the student parking lot. I've always been extremely paranoid about saying my phone number out loud, especially in a crowd. I guess I get that from Dad. I held my hand out and Blake set his phone down in it. I quickly typed in my number and handed it back to him. 

I heard my name being yelled and glanced up to see Jaime hanging out of the passenger side window of Mike's black four door truck. I rolled my eyes and focused back on Blake. The guys can wait a minute. Blake ran a hand through his hair, "Thanks. I'm about to text you so you'll have my number."

"Alright." I replied. First day of school and I have a cute guys phone number. I'd say this is a score. He probably doesn't think I'm attractive, though, since I don't dress in the scene. I barely even know how to make an outfit. I just throw on the first things I touch. I pulled out my phone to see Dani's face lighting up my phone screen. It's pretty late over in the UK and I'm sure he's drunk calling me but I didn't want Blake to see so I quickly hit ignore. 

"There. You can text me any time you want. We can talk about bands and stuff." Blake said as he slid his phone in the front pocket of his jeans. I nodded and before I could reply I was being lifted up by strong arms from behind me. The tattoos told me it was Jaime.

Jaime held me tightly to him, "We're late for a meeting, Jules. Say bye to your boyfriend later."

Jaime carried me to Mike's truck, lifting me up into Vic's arms in the back before going to the passenger seat. I rubbed my rib area as Vic pulled me over his lap and into the middle area between him and Dad. I took a few deep breaths as Mike started to drive off. 

"First off, I think you broke my ribs, or my diaphragm. Second, Blake isn't my boyfriend." I said as I took my backpack off and set it in the floorboard. 

I leaned up and gave Mike a small hug and a kiss on the cheek since I hadn't seen him since the day we came home. Jaime sent me a hurt look when I didn't give him a kiss on the cheek and held his hand over his chest, "You accuse me of hurting you then don't give me a kiss? I'm so heart broken."

I rolled my eyes and put my seat belt on as Mike was able to pull out onto the main road. Dad looked up from his cell phone at me and narrowed his eyes, "So who was that boy?"

"Yeah, your 'not boyfriend' boyfriend. He looked totally into you." Jaime said as he turned around in his seat to look at me. 

Vic wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest, "My precious little jewel isn't getting a boyfriend. If she does then I'm picking him out after I shove him through a lot of hard tests."

I rolled my eyes, "Blake is just a boy. He didn't even give me a glance until he heard me drumming on my desk along to the Neck Deep song he was listening to. He basically said I wasn't his type since I didn't look like I listened to good music. So you can all chill."

"That's why he texted you his number so you can talk about 'bands and stuff'. He's down. He thinks you're pretty." Jaime said as he wiggled his eyebrows. 

I shook my head and pulled my phone out to text Dani, "I doubt it. What is this meeting we're late for anyways? Why am I part of it?"

Dad folded his arms across his chest and looked at me, "Just a family meeting."

I could see a bit of annoyance in Dad's eyes and I knew this couldn't be good. I haven't done anything wrong, have I? I've just had two panic attacks since we came home. One where I accidentally called Jaime. It couldn't be about that, could it? Am I becoming too much of a burden for them?