42) Amnesia

For @MCRXKilljoy

You're 3 and Gerard is 4

"Why are you drawing such lame things? And what's with that shirt?! What's a Motörhead?" You asked the boy in your preschool class. Gerard dropped his crayons and ran off into the playground crying. Uh oh. You didn't mean it like that.

You ran off the pavement and found him under a slide. You immediately hugged him. "I sowie Gerd!" You squeaked, not yet able to pronounce his name. "I actually like you! I just no know what to think of drawings or what your shirt means!" You went on.

Gerard hugged back and cried on your shoulder. "It's ok! I really like you too." He sobbed. You held onto him tighter and smiled. "We have to go inside before we get in trouble." You said. Gerard wiped his tears away and nodded. "Ok!" He smiled, holding your hand as you went back inside.

You are 6 and Gerard is 7

"But I don't want you to go!" Gerard yelled, stomping his foot on the ground. You had tears falling down your cheeks. You were moving to another country because your parents switched jobs for a while, and Gerard didn't want you to leave.

You immediately hugged him. "I sorry Gerd!" You cried, still not able to pronounce his name. Gerard hugged back and cried with you. "It's ok. Just promise me you'll send me letters!" He says. You nodded. "I promise." You choke out.

Your mother calls your name for the 10 billionth time. You pull away from Gerard and kiss his cheek. He blushes and kisses your forehead. "Goodbye (y/n)!" He sniffled. "Goodbye Gerd!" You sniffled. You backed away from him as your hands slipped away from his and got into your mom's car.

You are 15 and Gerard is 16

Things weren't so good here in Scotland. The kids here bullied you badly. You didn't have any friends here. The only friend you have is all the Way in the U.S in New Jersey. You kept your promise to him. You wrote him letters everyday.

You both always told each other about your lives. Gerard was always flirting in his letters. Almost every letter he wrote to you made your cheeks heat up. You were on your way home from the phone store.

You had bought your first phone and you couldn't wait to get home so you could write to Gerard and tell him your phone number. You were so excited. You were gonna hear Gerard's amazing voice again. You were too excited to notice the semi truck hurdling your way.

By the time you noticed, it was too late. You woke up in the hospital in a body cast. Why were you here? What happened?  You couldn't even remember your own name. "Hello? Where am I?" You called out. It's a miracle you even remember your language.

You are 21 and Gerard is 22

You still have no memory of your past before the car crash. Your parents had told you all about who you were and your name. You never did forget anything after that. In your room you had found a whole bunch of love letters from a man named Gerard Way.

That name always sounded oddly familiar, but you couldn't remember. You wanted to write this mystery man back, but were too afraid to. So you never wrote another letter to him again. But Gerard kept writing to you, wondering why you hadn't written back.

You just ignored the letters. Soon Gerard gave up trying and fell into a deep depression. He had tried drinking and taking drugs to wash away the pain he was in. He thought you didn't like him anymore. Your parents were moving jobs again, so you were moving countries.

You were moving to the U.S. Actually, you were moving back into your old neighborhood in New Jersey. "(Y-Y/n)?" A shaky voice calls. You were on your front lawn looking up at where used to live apparently.

You turned around to see a man around your age with long greasy black hair, wearing a leather jacket, band shirt, skinny jeans, and boots. His hazel eyes were full of sadness and tears. "Who are you?" You asked. He took one step closer to you.

"I-It's me! Gerard! You used to call me Gerd because you didn't know how to pronounce my name!" He said. You took a step back. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know-" "We were best friends (y/n)! We promised each other we'd write letters to each other before you moved!"

He yelled. You winced at how loud he was. "Why (y/n)?!" He asked angrily, gripping your upper arms. "Why did you stop?! What did I do wrong?! WHY HAVEN'T YOU WROTE BACK TO ME IN 6 YEARS?!" He screamed/cried. Now you were in tears.

"BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER YOU!!!" You screamed back. Gerard looked at you with hurtful eyes. His shaky hands slowly detached from your arms. "What do you mean you don't remember me?" He asked in a hushed tone. You sighed.

"I was in a car crash when I was 15 years old. I can't remember anything before that." You explained. Tears streamed down his face. "I-I can't believe you don't remember me." He sobbed. You immediately hugged him. "I'm sorry Gerard." You said, finally pronouncing his name correctly.

"I wish I could remember you." You cried into his chest. He hugged you back tightly. "It's ok. I'll help you remember." He whimpered. You looked up at him. "R-really?" You asked. He nodded. "Really!" He grabs your face and kissed you! With that single kiss, everything came back.

R*E*Q*U*E*S*T