• O N E •

• F U N E R A L •

"Sophia, wake up" a voice said to me. I just turned around and struggled closer to my pillow.

"Sophia, I've got mc Donald's" that voice said, now that made me wake up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked up to see Mrs Collins, I mean Eliza.

Then all the thoughts and events from yesterday came crashing back down to me. How everyone left me and how everyone I love always leaves me.

"What time is it?" I asked yawning. "It's 10pm" she replied, I nodded and walked over to my bathroom to take a shower.

I looked in my bathroom mirror to see my eyes are red and blotchy, my hair is a mess. I literally resemble a zombie.

I sighed out loud before running the shower, stripping then hopping in. Today was my parents and brothers funeral. Tomorrow I would be leaving New York and moving to California to live with my mothers best friend.

I honestly hate moving. Me and my family moved to New York 3 years ago from England. I've actually always wanted to go California but not in these circumstances. I wanted it to be a family holiday with my mom, dad and brother.

I finished showering. I took my towel wrapped it around my body and walked into my bedroom. I walked to my closet and took out a black dress. It was a simple dress. It reached below the mid thigh just above the knee. It was sleeveless. I wore my black lace undergarments.

I paired it with a pair of black heels and a my black jacket. I walked over to my vanity and blow dried my hair and then straightened it. I applied waterproof mascara and lipgloss.

I put on my neck less that my brother gave me for my seventeenth birthday it say 'best sister ever' on it. I put on my pandora ring and bracelet which my parents gave me for my seventeenth birthday.

I grabbed my clutch, phone and car keys. I walked downstairs and in the kitchen to see Eliza sitting there with McDonald's. I quickly ate and then we just talked.

It was then 12:30pm we decided it's best to leave. We arrived at the church to see many people already here. We took our seats as the ceremony began.

"We're sorry for your loss" an elderly couple came up to me as I walked outside with Eliza or my car. "Thank you" I replied politely and sat in my car to drive home.

Honestly, some people don't know what it feels like to lose someone you love. Everyone can say 'oh we're sorry for loss' or 'it will get better'. But sometimes they don't understand.

You have to lose someone you love to understand what it means. I understand it all; eventually it will get better, but it's just gonna take time.

"Hey, Eliza, I was thinking if you wanted to go to a friends house. My best friend Maria. She invited me over?" I asked her as I parked the car it the drive.

"Sure that would a lovely idea" she replied. "Great, if you need some clothes there will be some in my moms closet, feel free to use them. We will leave in about 30mins" I said smiling to her for the first time since I found out about what happened.

"Great" she replied as we walked in through the front door. I went straight upstairs to get out of this dress. I tied my hair up in a cute messy bun and took of my dress and heels. I decided to go for some black ripped jeans with a white tank top and some converse with my leather jacket on top.