• T W E N T Y - S E V E N •

• W A R E H O U S E •

"Omg." My hand overs my mouth in a gasp. I hugged close as she cried on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Anna, so so sorry." I repeated over and over again.

"It's not your fault Sophia." She said looking up at me with her tears streaked face.

"But I feel like such a horrible friend." I mumbled, tears leaking out my eyes. "I know what I feels like, to have the one thing you can call yours being taken away from you in the flash of your fingers." I said as she looked up at me in shock and I nodded confirming her theory.

"I would always fight, fight for them to stop. But it never worked. Every night they'd walk in the room and rape me and then leaving me a mess. After a few days a got used it, used to beating, the abuse, the rape." I shrugged my shoulder as a sad smile appears on my face.

"Don't say it like it didn't hurt you." She chocked out a sob. "It did hurt me, but I got used to it. I got used to no t showing my emotions and blocking people out, but that's what brought me down more. I don't want you to do that , that's why I'm telling you." She nodded her head.

"Tell your mom and brother everything Anna. Tell them what your dad did to you, don't miss anything out." I said to her giving her one last hug before walking out.

"Is she okay?" Anna's mother rises up to me, He brother following suit.

"Talk to her please, she'll tell you everything." I said to her, she nodded and walked in.

"Let's go home." Carter said wrapping his arm around my waist pulling my body closer to his. "Let's." I mumbled.

***

"are you okay?" Carter asks me as I lay in his bed, with his black t-shirt and red lace cotton panties on, I don't have a bra as I don't sleep with one on usually.

"I'm fine." I'm mumble in to his chest as his arms wrapped around me tightly. "Just tired." I added. He put the controller down and pulled me closer to him, so I'm laying on top of him.

"Go sleep." He said picking the controller up again and continued playing his game. I bury my head in his neck and wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes and falling asleep.

***

Third persons POV:

Carter looked down at the angel sleeping on him. Her head was buried deep in his neck. He put his game controller down and turned the TV off.

Gently he picked her up, bridal style and began to walk to her bedroom. Opening the room door with some struggle he closed it behind him and laid her down in her bed.

He knew that she was struggling. Not only with the whole Anna thing but with the James thing too and Carter knew he had to do something about it because he knew he had the resources to do something about it.

He pushed her hair behind her ears as she slept peacefully. Gently drawing the cover up over her smoothed tanned legs and let it rest just on her chest.

He watched as she cuddled in the cover more. Walking out the her room door he closed it gently behind him and  walked to his room. Throwing on a t-shirt and some jeans, he picked up his leather jacket and left to the room meeting Caden, Danny and Alex outside the house.

"Took you long enough." Danny sighed while Carter rolled his eyes.

"Carter, I promised Melissa I won't get mixed up in this business again, please be careful." Alex said to his brother.

Rolling his eyes he replied, "when am I not."

"The day you came home bleeding because of a deal gone wrong." His older brother pointed out.

"I'm still alive." Carter joked while Alex glared at him and walked back into the house.

"Let's go, Emily's been texting me all day saying they have some news on James." Carter said as they walked out his act and got in and drove off.

***

Short I know but bare with me, the next few chapters are about to get interesting and this is the part of the book I've been waiting for all along.

If I, as a writer am excited, you all should be too.

•What do you think Carter means 'take care of James.'?

• Who's Emily? (Don't worry you people who ship Carter and Sophia, I'm not gonna let anyone come between them.)

• Where are they going?"

• What business does Alex not want to get involved in?

Vote, comment and follow❤️