• T W E N T Y - E I G H T •

• J A C E •

"Bye." I wave to Anna as I hop in my car and drive off home.

Home, I don't have a real home do I.

Parking my car in the drive way, just as I was about to get out my phone began ringing. Looking down at my phone, a small smile plays on my lips as I look at the caller of the phone.

I answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello." I say into the phone.

"Hey." Comes my chippy best-friends voice-although there was something else in her voice, but I couldn't detect it.

"I haven't talked to you in ages, how have you been? How are things there?"

"Great." Was her short reply.

Somethings definitely up. I walk out my car and began to walk to the house doors.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing." She quickly says.

"Maria tell me." I demand.

"Sophia it's-"

"I swear to god Maria, you better tell me what wrong or I'm ringing Jace." I walk into the house and to the living room.

I'm instantly met with a sight I didn't want to see. Carter and some blond fucking girl cuddled up on the couch. The brothers are all sitting here as are caden and carters friends.

"It's about Jace." She says hesitantly.

"What wrong with him?" I ask as is mike at Marissa who smiles back but then deflated a little as she glanced at carter whispering something in blondes ear, who giggled.

"Something happened to him." And before I knew she let out a sob. My heart clenched and her broken voice. My hands began to get sweaty as I though about something happening to Jace.

"Tell me." I whisper, as I turn to leave the room but Elizabeth stopped me, she had sympathy in her eyes, as if she knew something I didn't.

"Sophia, Jace-he-he was, he was-" Her sentence incomplete as she cry's again.

"Tell me what happened to him Maria." My voice raised slightly which definitely caught the attention of everyone else.

My eyes connect with carters, but I instantly look away not wanting to look at him with the girl in his arms.

"He was shot, Jace was shot Sophia. He's been in a coma for a week." A lone tear escapes out of my eye.

***

"You knew." I whisper to Elizabeth after she pulled me into the kitchen.

"I wanted to tell you, but I didn't know how to. It would break you."

"You knew for a whole fucking week yet you decided not to tell me cos I would break. What's there left of me to break Elizabeth?" I shout tears run down my cheeks, the kitchen door opened as the guys all walk in with that blond chick hung in carters arm.

"I'm going home."

"Sophia-"

"Please Elizebeth, I want to go home." I said not wanting to argue with her.

"You can't, not without my permission your not aloud." She said sternly.

I chuckle humourless, "mind my language, but you think I need your permission to travel."

"Your parents left you under my supervision."

"No they didn't. They didn't leave me under your supervision Elizabeth. My parents are gone, so I had no other choice but to come to California till I'm 18."

"Were all coming too then." She said.

"No." I disagree quickly.

"Yes."

"No Elizabeth, I want to go alone. I can travel perfectly alone." I said.

"How you gonna get there?" Danny's voice came behind me.

"My parents jet, which is now mine."

"Where you going to stay?" Eli asked.

"In my own house." I shake my head, they are so stupid, I used to live I New York.

"School?"

"I used to attend a school there before I came here Elizabeth."

"Car?"

"I own more cars, plus there's my brothers, my moms, my dads cars to at home." I reply back to Carter.

"Sophia-"

"If you think I'm going to get messed up in that mess I was in before, first me Elizabeth, I tried to leave that life, but I couldn't. Like they say, your past eventually catches up to you and it seems like mine is." I say to her.

"I'm sure my mom told you about the shit I was messed up in. But I'm not going there for that, I'm giving there for jace."

"So you can fuck him." Scoffs Carter.

"I don't think you can fuck someone who's in a coma." I spat at him. "Plus He was a better fuck than you."

"You sound like a slut." That blond girl spat at me with a glare.

"And you look like one." I shot back.

She clung on to carter closer. "Sophia, apologise." Carter demanded.

I cocked my head to the side, "but my mom told me not to lie." Marissa stifled a laugh as the rest of them had grins in there faces.

"Sophia." Carter gritted through his teeth.

"Fine, I'm so sorry that your parents forgot to use a condom blondie." I said trying to looks sincere.

"Your just Jealous." She shot back.

"Of what?" I cock a brow at her walking closer.

"That I'm Carters girlfriend and that I'm richer than you." She said acting like she won.

"Oh darling I would never be jealous of you and your looking at the girl who owns a house in almost every country. Who own yachts, cars, penthouses, a good amount of land, hotel, food chains and who is also probably richer than your whole generation combined." I said, proud to be called Sophia Williams.

"Your lying." She stuttered.

"Unfortunately, She's not. She even own half of our company's shares." John said walking into the kitchen. I give a small smile which he returns.

"Also, boys pack your bags. Because we're all going to New York." He said and the guys cheered. "To see your grandma." He adds and cheers died down.

***

Short chapter I know. Also I am aware that there are many mistakes in this chapter. I will mend them all at the end of the book.

I have also published a 'COVERS' book which you should go check out.

Vote
Comment
Follow

LOVE YOU ALL❤️