• N I N E T E E N - PT 2 •

Blond hair whipped the side with a few streaks of brown in it. His blue eyes shined in the reflection of the sun as he stepped back a bit. He had a slightly muscular body and a grin/smirk on his face.

"Sister?" I question raising a brow.

"Yes, sister." He replies. I look him up and down, he looks nothing like my brother.

"You look nothing like me."

"I got my moms genes."

"So your Cindy Mordents son."

"The one and only." He chuckles. "Unfortunately, my supposed father has no idea that I'm not really his son."

"Angelo?"

"Knight. Correct."

"You know someone called Levi?"

"Levi knight, fathers brother." He shrugs. "I've met him once. He's cold and mean."

"I know."

He takes in a big deep breathe before breathing out again. "My moms missing. I haven't spoken to father in 2 years. Mom and him were fighting about something. It got pretty rough."

I raise a brow, "and. . . you think Angelo has something to do with her missing?"

"Yeah." He nods.

"Come in." I open the door wider and invite him in. "I'm actually going home in the evening. But, if you can actually show me some proof that Cindy is your mother, then I'll let you come with me."

He nods his head, "of course. Actually, I was going to ask if I can come to California with you. Uncle Levi is there and he can help me find my mother."

I nod at him. "How old are you?"

"17." He replies.

The rest of the afternoon was spent me getting to know him. His name was Zackary knight. Although his mother prefers him to have Williams as his surname, he can't. Because Angelo would find out.

He told me he did some digging around about me from what he knew from Jake. Him and Jake have meant several times since Jake used to study in university here in London. I still am hurt from the fact that no one told me about this.

He ended up showing me his birth certificate which clearly showed Cindy as his mother. Cindy was a blond with blue eyes. Which is obviously were Zack got his looks from. But I don't know what my dad saw in her and why he would risk his marriage with mom.

After our chit-chat, Zack left saying he was going to pack his stuff and while he left I packed up the rest of mine. The jet was ready a little early then I said but that was fine as we got to leave early. I had already ring up Danny and told him I was coming back and for him not to tell anyone as it would be late at night.

I made sure to tell him to keep the guest bedroom clear as I was bringing someone with me. Zack said he would stay at a hotel but as his half-sister, I wouldn't let him do that. I could let him stay at one of the houses here in California, but I decided not to, because if his mother is missing, he could also go missing.

I had a gut feeling that Angelo some how found out about Zack real father and about Cindy's affair with my dad. He must not of taken that well. Zack never really had a good relationship with his father as he said, but he never really evaluated more on that. But it was none of my business, so I tried to keep my nose where it was supposed to be.

• • •

"This is your jet?" Zack asks me while flipping through a magazine.

"You could say it is." I shrug, "it was my parents, but now it's mine."

"What was he like?" He asks after a few minutes of silence while glancing outside.

"Dad?"

"Yeah."

"He was-"

"He was an annoying little bastard who deserved to die." I jump up and pull out my gun and point at the person who's standing in the doorway for this room.

"Father." Zack breathes out looking Angelo who grins evilly.

"Put the gun down Sophia, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Then why have you got a parachute strapped to you back and knife in your hand."

"That's because I'm planning on jumping out the plane." He shrugs and then chuckles stalking towards me. I duck down when he throws the knife narrowly missing my face.

Another knife comes towards my face and then a gunshot goes off.

• • •

Check out my new book called city girl, chapters are soon to come.

Vote, comment and follow❤️