• T H I R T Y - E I G H T •

• E X P L O S I V E •

"What. Do. You. Mean?" Carter asks slowly standing up and emphasising each word he spoke.

"He's alive," I repeat myself.

"I know that you just told me." He slams his fist on the table making me flinch from the sudden amount of anger he had radiating off him.

"James has him," I said.

"That's it, I'm done," Carter said and began to turn around to walk out.

"Carter waits," I yell after him, running behind him before my arm was grabbed in a harsh grip pulling me back.

"Leave him alone," Danny spat.

"Danny." Harper started.

I pull my arm out of his grip and glare at him, "your father isn't the only one who he's got captive."

"Carter," I yell jogging out the house and stop in front of him.

"Move Sophia." He grits out not making eye contact with me.

"Your angry carter, you're not thinking straight."

"I said move," he pushes me with force making me hit the ground with a thud and bang my head on the concrete ground. 

"Sophia," Harper shouted running towards me, but I hold my hand up telling her not to come forward.

"Your father not the only one his got captive carter," I yell stopping him from moving.

"He's got Jake too," I sigh standing up but sway as black dots encase my vision.

"Jake?" Harper whispers holding me.

"Yeah, jakes not dead," I said.

"Your bleeding Sophia," Melissa says grabbing hold of my other arm.

"Let us get you cleaned up," Alex says walking towards me.

I shake my head and shrug the girls off my arms and walk towards Carter who just stared at me.

"If you go over there, not only are you putting your own life in danger, but you're putting your dads, Jakes, your families....and mine."

"You don't understand Sophia-"

"I do understand," I yell, "me, out of all people understand what you're going through. I'm fucking 18 years old, I'm a bloody orphan, Carter. I own hotels, cars, houses, beach houses, yachts. I have all the money in the world, James took my family away from me Carter and now I found out my brother alive, I will do anything to make sure he lives."

"Please Carter, go back inside," I beg him as little droplets of rain begins to pour.

"I want him dead Sophia." Carter shakes his head looking up at the sky.

"Me too," I whisper looking at his broken expression.

"Let's gets you inside." Danny and Caden drag Carter inside, as the others all follow.

Ring ring

I pull my phone out as I step into He house and into the living room where everyone else is apart from Carter and Emily.

James

I inwardly groan before answering the call.

"Hello."

"Where the fuck are you?" He growls.

"I'm just taking care of some guys," I say back as Carter walks in freshly changed with Emily in tow, both of there lips are slightly swollen which makes my heart hurt.