• T H I R T Y - S I X •

J O H N

I knock on the door of the classroom. I'm obviously late as always. "Come in." The teacher says. "Your late Sophia." He scolds.

"Sorry," I mutter and walk to the back of the classroom. Ignoring the shocked stares from a few students, probably shocked to see me back in school.

"Sophia," Harper says and gives me a small smile, but I walk right past to the back corner and sit down.

"Surprised to see you here," Layne mutters next to me.

"Surprised I haven't killed you yet." I smiled sarcastically at him before looking forward to the teacher talking.

"Your sarcasm isn't welcome here." He mutters.

"Neither are you, but I still see you're here."

"Sophia, they're worried about you." He says.

"And your not?" I ask, glancing at him.

"I slept with you Sophia, we didn't get married." He says and chuckles.

"I wonder how Carter would feel if he found out you slept with me."

"Why would he care?"

I scoff, "It's blatantly obvious he likes me."

"And you don't like him?" He throws back.

That shuts me up.

"We both know you like him Sophia, your better off accepting your feeling than denying them." He sighs.

"Sophia and Layne, why don't the two of you share your conversation with the rest of the class." The teacher says as the whole class turns to face us.

"Oh, we just talking about how small Layne's dick is," I say smiling and smirking at the same time as I see Layne clench his fist.

The whole class erupts in laughter.

"His dick isn't small." A blond cheerleader tries to defend.

I laugh, "you must have been drunk then, honey."

"Enough." The teacher says as the bell rings.

"You're right, that enough for one lesson." I pack my things and stand up.

"See you around a small dick," I smirk and walk off.

***

I close my locker and jump as Anna is standing there. "You scared me." I put my hand on my heart.

"Sorry." She squeaks as she looks behind me. I turn around to see the Collin clang walking up to me with there friends and an angry Layne.

"You legit made me the laughing stock informs of the whole class," Layne says to me and Harper laughs remembering.

"What happened?" Caden asks as Harper begins to tell everyone what happened.

Get behind the school, ASAP - Jace.

My heartbeat picks up as I read the name of the sender of the message. Jace.

I have to do something first to get carter off my back. And for him to start liking someone like me, he can find someone better.

"Layne has a very interesting story to tell you guys," I say getting the attention of all of them and after looks very intensely at me. Layne tenses up and looks at me with a Look in his eyes.