• F I V E - PT 3 •

"So this is the house," Carter says as he pulls up to a massive ass house, I'd call it a mansion I think.

"Five months ago we had an attack. We weren't hurt that much, but it was serious." He sighed switching the engine off. I glanced back and saw ivy asleep in the car seat. "The attack was on my mom and brothers. Someone got into the house through jacks room and managed to plant two bombs in the house. Lucky enough, Jake saw one of them upstairs, he knew what was happening and he got them out the house pretty quickly."

"I don't want to hear any more," I say and get out the car. I don't know what he's expecting me to say or feel sympathy for him or something.

I open the back door and grab ivy and gently cradle her in arms while walking behind the car to grab my suitcase but Carter was already ahead of me as he pulled it out of the car boot and placed it on the ground. As he closed the boot I reached out and pulled the handle at the same time Carter placed his hand over mine and pulled it off me.

"I've got it," he said and walked off towards the entrance of the house.

I bite my lip and walk behind him. The tingles in my hand wouldn't disappear and I didn't know what to do. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door. The inside was absolutely beautiful, a big chandelier sat in the middle of the ceiling, two sets of staircases on either side with a couple of doors to my right and left.

"Harper," Carter yelled and continued to walk ahead. I followed him as he turned and walked into a room.

"Why are you yelling for?" Harper scolded him as we walked into the kitchen, she held her spatula up at him but lowered it when she saw me. The chatter in the kitchen died down when everyone saw me standing here.

Well, this isn't awkward at all.

"She's gonna be staying with us until Angelo is out of all of our lives for good," Carter said throwing a grape in his mouth.

My phone ringing makes everyone turn around and mind there own business. I pull my phone out of my pocket with a little bit of struggle.

"Here, I've got her." Carter gently takes her from my arms, my heart literally exploded as he cradled her. He was holding his own daughter and he didn't even know.

I was staring at them for so long that I completely forgot about the phone call. I put my phone back in my pocket as Ivy began to moan and let out a small cry.

"I'll take her," I say and step forward to grab her from his arms but he turns them away.

"It's okay, I've got her." He says smiling down a little at her. He looks back up at me and then at Danny who I didn't realise was standing behind us. "Grab the bags, I'll show her to her room."

Carter began to walk out of the kitchen. I bent over and grabbed a bag as Danny got the other and we followed Carter up the stairs. After a few minutes, we reached a door.

"It's one of the guest bedrooms, but now it's yours." He says walking inside and carefully placing ivy in the middle of the bed and then surprising her with pillows to ensure she doesn't fall off.

I placed my bag down as Danny placed the other one. He gave me a nod and then walked out of the room. I moved some of the pillows and then collapsed on the bed feeling tired. I scooted up on the bed until my I was near ivy.

Her small little hand wrapped around my finger as she peacefully slept. "Get some rest. You need it." Carter said as he walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. My eyes began to drop down and close as sleep overtook me.

• • •

"Baby, please please go to sleep." I rock ivy in my arms as she wouldn't stop crying. It was 3 am and she wouldn't be quiet. I decided to take her downstairs into the lavish but comfy looking lounge so she wouldn't wake anyone up.

I let out a small frustrated noise and she stopped crying and stared at me. "You love to annoy your mama don't you." I chuckle and fall onto the sofa, resting her against my chest waiting for her to fall asleep.

"Sophia, what are you doing up?"

I turn my body to see Carter in the doorway. "She wouldn't sleep," I say as he walks further into the room.

"Oh." He sighs and sits down next to me. "How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Sophia, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"About everything."

"I don't think we need to talk about anything." I bit my lip to stop myself from saying too much.

"We need to talk about a lot. About how you left things."

I scoff, "How I left things? I had no choice but to leave." I stand up. "Do you not understand how much it hurt to see the person that you were in love with me with someone else. It hurts Carter, it hurts like hell. You ripped my heart out and threw it to the side as if I meant nothing to you."

"I did love you, my love for you was not a lie, it was not fake." He stands up in front of me.

"It didn't feel real. I never felt this love that you talk so much about. You don't hurt people you love."

"What did you expect me to do? Emily was pregnant with my child."

"You mean the child who you thought wasn't yours."

"But he is." He sighed.

"No Carter, don't use Emily as an excuse." I bite my lips again. "Maybe you sound to get a DNA test done because that child doesn't look like you," I say and walk away leaving him in his own thoughts. "You loved me when you didn't even love yourself."

• • •

Ermmmmmm. . . . .  Sorry for the extremely late update guys and sorry for the short chapter, exams and assignments are taking up my time as well as work.

Vote, comment and follow❤️