• T W E N T Y - T W O - PT 2 •

Remember to vote🌟

• • •

I wake up the sound of loud chatter. I blink my eyes a few times in the bright light before opening them. I look around and Zack catches my eye, he pushes himself off the wall and walks to me which gets everyone's attention.

I sit up slowly and a glass of water is brought to my lips which soothes my dry throat.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I ran over by a truck," I answer Danny's question.

He bends down and makes me look at him and follow his finger. "Have you got any pain?"

"Other than my bullet wound and headache. Nope."

He rolls his eyes and stands up. "You haven't been eating much, your very pale and look sick."

"But I feel fine."

"You need to eat some food." He tells me.

"Sophia just eats something please," Jake tells me, from where he's standing next to Carter and Harper.

I nod my head and roll my eyes.

• • •

"Is it possible she's at your beach house?"

"What?" Zack replies.

"Is it possible that she at your beach house? You said that's where you always used to go whenever you came to California. Can she be there?" Levi repeats.

"Oh my god. Of course." Zack yells and nearly runs out the door with the others. I sit back knowing I won't be going anywhere with my injury.

I look around the empty room as Carter walks back in and looks at me. "You coming?"

"Can't," I say and nod down at my leg. He nods and walks in further.

"You're not going?" I ask him as he sits down.

"Nope." He shakes his head. "Moms took Emily to the doctor for a check-up. She's gonna be tired when she comes back so I'll have to take her home."

I nod at his words and pull out my phone so I don't have to talk to him.

"Sophia-"

"I'm going home." I cut him off.

"What?"

"I'm going home. Back to New York."

"You can't." He replies instantly.

"And why not?"

"What about everyone here? Your friends and family."

I let out a scoff, "what family Carter?"

"Jake?" He says and leans forward.

"I'll be a phone call away."

He goes quiet for a minute, before whispering, "What about me?"

I look up at him as he says that. A deep emotion buried deep in his eyes.

"What about you?" I repeat.

He shakes his head and stands up, "nothing, Nevermind."

"Wait." I stop him from walking out.

"Did you ever mean anything you said?" I ask him. "Did you ever, for like 1 second, love me for real?"

He turns around, "I will always love you Sophia, but fate plays a game which is too hard for me."

He walks away, leaving a mess of emotions in my heart and mind.

• • •

"I'm taking them to my house, where they'll be safe till we sort my brother out," Levi tells me and walks out of my room.

It's around 7 pm right now. Zack's mother was indeed at the beach house. The guys spared me the details of how she looked, but I know it was bad from the looks on their face and the blood that covered their clothes.

I sat down and made a list of the bunch of things I need to take care of before I leave and the first thing was finding Zacks, mother, making sure she is okay and in a safe place. I knew that they were now since Levi's watching over them.

I started to pack a few things that I'll be taking back with me to New York. It wasn't much, just a few essentials I needed. When I get back home, the first thing I need to do is find Angelo and put him down. I needed to get rid of him forever and I didn't want to hurt anyone else which is why I'm going to do it on my own.

I wrote a letter, a few letters with everyone's name sealed on it. The most important letter sat in my lap right now with it perfectly sealed. I stood up and placed them on the vanity desk, clear for anyone to see and pick up when they come in my room.

I wanted to leave without meeting anyone, because me being the emotional person I am right now would end up staying with just of them saying stay. I packed the last of my things and grabbed my bag.

I waited until midnight to leave. I left my room with my bag and jacket in hand and didn't look back at it. I didn't look back until I got in the car, I didn't look back as I bordered my jet. I didn't even look out the window as it flew up in the air. I couldn't look back, I just couldn't.

I knew the only person I had right now was myself. Myself and my little baby who was currently growing inside me. The only thing I needed to worry about right now.

• • •

I hope this chapter answered some of your questions.

Drop in the comments section where about your all from?!

Vote, comment and follow❤️