raindrops on roses

» raindrops on roses «

A WEEK LATER, SCOUT PAXTON AND PETER PARKER FOUND THEIR SUPERHERO ALTER EGOS PLASTERED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE DAILY BUGLE. It seemed as if all of New York City was freaking out over the blurry photo of Spider-Man and The Electric Siren with part of their masks off, sitting on a roof eating Pringles and Hot Cheetos after just capturing a criminal, who turned out to have several charges on him for stealing cars and breaking and entering. Everyone in the city with a pair of eyes saw it, and its all anyone at school wanted to talk about.

Scout tried to do what she always did, fly under the radar. But she couldn't help but pick up on bits and pieces of conversations as she walked the halls, or sat in her classes. Some people thought it was adorable how they were friends, creating a ship name of Spiren. Scout thought the idea was ridiculous and immature. She also heard that some thought the two were Avenger worthy, which made Scout smiled. That wasn't her goal, but she believed the thought was cool, and made her feel like she really was making a difference.

For Peter, the news of Spider-Man's ever growing popularity gave him adrenaline and excitement. People liked him, even though they didn't know that it was him, and even though it was just because of his abilities. He was accepted, and it just made him want to go out and fight more.

His confidence immediately washed away though when Flash Thompson found him.

Scout watched it all happen from her locker. She saw Peter and Ned walking down the hall to his physics class, and she had been hoping he would stop to say hello to her first. He didn't get the opportunity, although, because he was quickly grabbed and slammed into the locker by Flash. He started shouting at him, something about Peter being a little smart ass. Peter tried to get away, but Flash kept a solid hold on him, just like he always did, and kept yelling slurs at him.

A crowd had started to form, and Scout shut her locker, weaving her way through the mass of freshmen students that were standing and watching. She found Gwen's eyes, and her best friend sent her a worried look, as if telling her to stay away. But Scout was tired of Flash treating Peter like a punching bag, and so she kept walking.