call me a criminal

» call me a criminal «

THERE WERE SEVERAL THINGS PETER PARKER LOVED. He loved Aunt May, even though she was a terrible cook. The woman had always been a mother figure for him, and she never complained about having a baby thrust onto her at such a young age. She always took care of Peter and gave him everything he needed. He would always be thankful for his aunt.

He also loved simpler things, such as physics and biology. He loved academic decathlon, he loved photography. He loved to watch Star Wars, or build lego sets with Ned. These small things delighted him and made his days even brighter.

And he loved to be Spider-Man. The adrenaline he got when he swung from building to building, his body a mere silhouette against the dark New York skyline. He felt free and wanted, he felt like he could do anything. There rarely came a time where he grew tired of his nightly job, he absolutely adored helping people across the city. Ever since the death of his uncle, he made it his job in life to protect not only the people he loved, but the city he loved.

Lastly, he loved Scout Paxton. If someone had told Peter a year ago that he would date her, he never would have believed them. In fact, he would've told them they were crazy. He had always been intrigued by Scout; he noticed her. He thought she was cute and smart and nice, but only started to fall for her when they became project partners. That's when Scout became so much more to him than a pretty girl with a big brain. She was gentle. She was determined. She was courageous. She was kind. She was good. He thought her soul was beautiful, he felt privileged to call her his girl.

So naturally, when he was out on one of his evening runs as a masked vigilante, he couldn't help but feel a little giddy inside when he spotted Scout. He had landed on the bell tower in the center of Prospect Park, which he knew as one of her favorite places to come and settle her mind. She had told him that whenever she was having a bad day, she would come and sit.