secret secrets are no fun

» secret secrets are no fun «

SCOUT DIDN'T REALIZE THAT AN AIRCRAFT COULD PERFECTLY RESEMBLE A PERSON UNTIL SHE HAD STEPPED ONTO TONY STARK'S PRIVATE JET. From the plush, leather seats to the golden light fixtures, the plane screamed Hi I'm Iron Man and I'm rich. Scout couldn't complain though, there were far worse ways to travel from Germany to New York. She didn't mind the appetizers set out on trays, or the marble countertops in the bathroom. She almost didn't want to leave the jet.

The one thing she didn't enjoy, however, was trying to keep away from Peter. Tony had only called for one of his jets to come pick them up after staying the night in a hotel, and he didn't understand why Scout couldn't just tell him on the plane. She didn't feel like that was the right thing to do, the right time or place, especially with a bunch of Tony's employees running around during the eight hour flight.

Therefore, she spent those eight hours avoiding Peter the best she could with only a thousand square feet. When he was in the sitting area, she pretended to be asleep in the bedroom. When she heard him go to the bathroom, she snuck away to quickly grab a snack or a magazine. She stayed in that room most of the time, either napping or stressing over the amount of homework she had missed while gone.

Peter didn't understand why Electric Siren wasn't talking to him. When he had found out they'd be traveling home together, he was excited to finally get to know the girl that he usually fought crime with, even if she had tried to kill him only twelve hours prior. But when she arrived at the jet with her hood on with sunglasses and then immediately locked herself away in another room, his heart fell a little, and he spent the flight in silence, simply entertaining himself by watching TV or raiding the small kitchenette.

And when the jet finally landed at Stark Tower, it was the same thing. The girl came out with her hood and sunglasses on, but this time, she tapped Peter's shoulder. He had turned to her, and she handed him a crumbled up sticky note. He gave her a confused look as she then walked away, getting into the car that would take her home.