we aren't pen pals

» we aren't pen pals «

SCOUT PAXTON NEVER THOUGHT OF HERSELF AS FAMOUS. Sure, she was aware that people new of her and what she did, but she'd never imagined being recognized across the country. She didn't do what she did for publicity, she did it because it was the right thing to do. She knew she was a hero, but she preferred to stay under the radar. It had always been easy, until now.

She stood in front of at least a hundred press reporters, police officers surrounding her on every side. She gulped as cameras flashed in her face, and she shifted uncomfortably in her boots. If it weren't for the podium in front of her, the entire audience would've seen her nervously wringing her hands. She had never felt so thankful for her mask before, she didn't know what she would do if she had to stand before all these people as simply herself.

"Electric Siren! Is it true that Barracuda had affiliations with HYDRA?" One man asked in the front, the person next to him snapping picture after picture of her.

Scout gulped, she'd already answered fifteen questions. She was getting distracted and bored, and hated every minute of standing up there. "It's true." Was all she thought of to say.

She should've known that nothing would completely stop once Barracuda was put behind bars. The entire nation had spread the news of the fight between her and him, they deemed it the Liberty Battle. It seemed as if every news channel had talked about it, and the video clips of her fighting spread like a wildfire. If she had been a normal teenager, she would join in on the students freaking out over the cool shots and blows. But she didn't, she just basked in the relief that the villain was finally gone. She thought she would be able to relax, but she had been called in for conferences and interviews with police and press, and all of it was overwhelming.

"How could such a major super villain and wanted man go undetected, especially as a high school teacher?" A woman to the side asked, holding a voice recorder out to gather her responses.