the rise of scout paxton

» the rise of scout paxton «

SCOUT PAXTON WAS NEVER THE TYPE OF PERSON TO BACK AWAY FROM A FIGHT, NO MATTER THE COST. Yet, when she had first awakened after the Day of Extinction, she wasn't sure if she would ever fight again. Not like she used to. She woke up defeated, lost, broken and searching in the darkness for some type of hope. She had been blindly clawing at the memories she once knew, hoping one would become reborn and restore her identity within her. But, she felt helpless. She hadn't felt helpless in so long.

For the first time since she became the Electric Siren, Scout had found herself wanting to give up. She had slipped into a dark place, one similar to the one she was in after her parents' murder. But, when she had first put on her homemade mask and saved the family from drowning in the river years ago, she had sworn to do whatever it took to ensure that no one else had to experience the pain of losing someone due to the hands of a villain like Barracuda. Now, half of the universe had experienced the wrath of Thanos. She had no control over it. And that broke her.

Yet, something had finally changed. She wasn't sure what exactly caused it; maybe it was the visions she had of Peter in her dream, maybe it was the return of Steve, Scott and Natasha. Maybe it was her stubborn nature refusing to allow her to give up this time, a characteristic that had gotten her into trouble just as many times as it saved her life and the lives of others. Whatever it was, it pushed her forward in the pursuit of restoring life in the universe.

She was ready to fight again, even if the world around her wasn't ready. Society had seemed to move on from the snap, feeling just as helpless as she first did, thinking that no hero could save them now. She thought back to when the lady had attacked her in the streets. The name of the Electric Siren used to be a beacon of hope for the people of New York; now, it was a mere whisper, ringing with a connotation of a hero that was lost and had disappointed the population. Scout realized that if her persona of the Electric Siren was dead, she would simply fight as herself: a human with the weight of the world on her shoulders, a teenage girl cursed by an infinity stone, gifted with the favor of the universe.