note

wow

wow.

this is it. the day i never would have imagined coming. if you had told me a year ago that i would stretch this story this far, i would have told you that you were crazy. this is absolutely insane.

there's a few things i want to address, and so i'm going to break it up and try not to sound too cheesy while saying it.

first of all, thank you. to every reader, to every commenter, even to everyone who simply clicked on my book. from the bottom of my heat, thank you. this story means the absolute world to me, it's literally my most favorite work i've put out, and the fact that it means so much to all of you truly warms my heart. the amount of support and love that follows this story baffles me, and i honestly couldn't ask for more. this book has brought me so much joy.

thank you for giving this little fanfic a chance. thank you for giving me a chance. thank you for giving scout a chance. damn, this girl has inspired me so much, and being able to create her and grow with her has been life changing. i love her so much, and i hope that her story continues to live on with all of you even as this book comes to a close.

thank you. thank you. thank you.

secondly, this may not be the end of masked hearts. now, i cannot say this for sure or with full confidence, but honestly, i don't want to let go of scout's character quite yet. the truth is, this book has gone on for so long, but since so many people love it and since i adore writing it, part of me wants to just wait and see what the future of the mcu is. so, maybe, when avengers 4 and far from home come out, perhaps i will pick this story back up.

but if not, and it gets the the movies and i realize that i am fine with leaving this book the way it is, this is the final ending. think of it as the final ending for now, for i really don't know what the determined future of this book is. the end is up for all the readers to interpret.

only time will tell, i suppose.

third, i will continue writing. just because this book has ended doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to me or that i have to say farewell to you all. i have several other marvel books up that i would love for you to check out. the first is a tom holland social media fanfic called 'in the spotlight' and is an au where masked hearts is actually a real life film. the second is a peter parker fanfic called 'virago' and follows the story of loki's long lost daughter as she finds herself on earth. the last one is a real life tom fanfic called 'darling' and is about the girl that tom sat next to at bronx school of science. if any of those interest you, or if you want to continue to read my writing and keep up with my life, it would mean the world to me if you'd check them out.

and lastly, i just want to say thank you one last time. each and every one of you mean so much to me. i don't even know what i would be doing if it wasn't for all of y'all providing me with so much love and acceptance and support. it's crazy to think that july of 2016 i was sitting in my pool when i thought of this idea. i decided to write it, not having written anything marvel beforehand, and had the blessing of watching it touch the hearts of so many people.

writing is honestly such a beautiful thing. it makes people smile, makes them feel pain, and makes me look like living hell when i stay up until two in the morning to just get one chapter up. but it's such a beautiful art and i don't know what i would do without it. it makes me so happy and i am so thankful that i've been able to share my passion with the rest of the world.

and well, that's about it for now i suppose. i am so emotional right now, so i'm going to go. i love you 'masked hearts' and i love you scout maribelle paxton. keep on telling your story.

with all the love i have to offer,

yours truly,

kat