we're a package deal

» we're a package deal «

"I AM DIANA OF THEMYSCIRA, DAUGHTER OF HIPPOLYTA, QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS. IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, YOUR WRATH UPON THIS WORLD IS OVER!" Lea shouted as she jumped off the back of the couch, swinging a makeshift sword comprised of two paper towel rolls and duct tape. She landed on the carpet and hit Jane over the head with it, and the slightly older girl turned around with a frown on her face.

"How come you get to be Wonder Woman?" Jane protested, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at her little sister, slightly pouting her lips.

Lea picked the pillow back up, the object half her body size. "Because you don't get to be her since you took the sugar cookie that Scout brought us!" Her high-pitched voice protested, her little mouth stumbling over certain words due to her young age.

Scout chuckled from where she stood in the kitchen, taking two bowls of Spaghetti-O's from the microwave and setting them on the table, stirring them to cool them off. She heard Jane answer with, "You didn't need that cookie. It's not on the food pyramid! I'm nine in two months so I get to eat the cookies."

Lea raised the pillow over her head and chucked it at Jane, and then she picked up her sword. "Fine! But I'm still Wonder Woman and you can't stop me!"

Jane bit her lip and looked around the small living room of her apartment, her eyes settling on an extension cord plugged into the wall nearby. She ran over and unplugged it, holding it up. "Then I get to be Electric Siren!"

Scout didn't have a chance to think about Jane's role-playing choice, for her babysitting instincts kicked in. Scout's eyes bulged as the little girl swung her arm back, getting ready to hit Lea with the cord. "No, no no no-" She ran towards her and quickly grabbed the item out of her hands, setting it on the table. "That's too dangerous to play with."