new york, 2012

» new york, 2012 «

» new york, 2012 «

AS SCOUT PAXTON'S FEET LANDED ON THE GROUND, SHE WAS IMMEDIATELY MET WITH A MEMORY FROM THE PAST THAT WAS FAMILIAR TO HER. It was strange, for up until this point, she had decided to never live in the past again. After a long period of time where all she did was mellow in the murder of her parents, she had learned that the past often brings nothing but troubles and brokenness. There was a reason she had moved on, and dwelling seemed counterproductive on all accounts.

This was different, however. She wasn't just reliving a memory she'd suppressed into the deepest parts of her mind. Instead, she was almost experiencing an entirely new event. In 2012, when Scout was only eleven years old, she had been walking down the street with her mother, completely unsuspecting of the the battle that would soon break out between the Avengers and the extraterrestrial.

Now, Scout stood with her feet solid on the ground and a familiar war raging around her. The rest of her team, comprised of Steve, Tony, Lang and Bruce, appeared around her, taking off their helmets and assessing the situation they found themselves in. All except for Scout and Lang shifted their red and white suits into their original, old-school suits. Thankfully, with all the chaos ensuing around them, no one noticed their uncanny resemblance to the same heroes who were fighting throughout the city.

"Alright, we all have our assignments," Steve's voice carried above the chaotic sounds echoing throughout the city. "Two stones uptown, one down," He scouted the area surrounding them, then turned back towards the group. "Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock. And Scout—" The girl looked up, making eye contact with him, and he gave her a knowing look. "Please don't do anything stupid."

"No promises." She answered, and he smiled a bit. Suddenly, a loud bang was heard nearby, and the group all turned their attention to the road running perpendicular to their alley. Hulk, or at least, the the older version of him, jumped on top of one of the Chitauri. He pounded his fists onto the alien to a measure that began to seem unnecessary before jumping away.