cuter version of barnacle boy

» cuter version of barnacle boy «

✧ ✧ ✧

TURNS OUT, LEAVING NEW YORK CITY AND GOING ACROSS THE WORLD WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA TO HELP FIND A HYDRA-TRAINED-SUPER SOLDIER-GONE-ROGUE WAS MORE DIFFICULT TO ACCOMPLISH THAN SCOUT THOUGHT. Having to come up with a believable story was fairly easy for her grandparents, who honestly would do anything for Steve Rogers. All she had to do was tell them about how there's a convention overseas for high schoolers who made contributions to their society, and barely any questions were raised. She was throwing lies up in the air like confetti, and somehow, Nani and Papa bought it.

Explaining it to her friends was a lot harder. Scout hadn't even bothered to come to school the next day, having to leave with Steve right away. She packed only her essentials, some tee shirts, leggings, and toiletries, and got in a car with him to go to the quinjet. Therefore, a simple text message to the group chat was all she could do, saying that a family event had come up an she would be back at school in a couple of days. When the questions started rolling in calling bullshit on her, especially from Mary Jane, Scout simply silenced her phone, wanting to stay focused on the mission.

During the car ride, Steve told Scout all the details she needed to know; Ever since the bombing in Vienna, Barnes, whom Steve referred to as 'Bucky', had been on the run. Bucky had come back to America in hopes to find Steve to tell him something, but when Steve wasn't there, he panicked. He was now in Europe, dangerous, his mind still vulnerable to the trigger words that were implanted into him by HYDRA. Steve explained how the trigger words worked, and how a recitation of them puts him in assassin mode, a super soldier nearly if not as powerful as Steve himself. Scout had said only one of them, but one can be enough to make him feel the need to defend himself, especially since he had been so stressed already.