Chapter 1 (I can take care of myself)

Here's the first chapter.  this is my first book so please be nice.  hope you all enjoy :)

the picture on the side is Drake ===> 

=================================================================

chap. 1

Vara's P.O.V

        I was woken up in the middle of the night by my best friend Nora.

"Vara, wake up we're getting ready for the ambush" Nora said.  " the fighters are gearing up."

I groaned in protested. I hate being woken up from my beauty sleep, most the time I get cranky.

It also depends on who the person is...if its mother or father then I'll be nice as I can, and if its my siblings then I'll most likely be annoyed an throw something at them.  if its besty then I'll annoy her. Anyone else will feel my wrath.

"VARA!!" yelled nora yelled in my ear. she's lucky I love her.

"alright, alright, I'm up" I replied back to her.."what time is it?" I asked.

"just past 1am" she answered.

I got up quickly and got ready. I put on my fighting clothes; which are my black skinny jeans, my combat boot, tight fitting long sleeved v neck shirt that showed half of my flat tight stomach. My fighting clothes is very easy to move around in. Threw my hair into a pony tail so its out of my face when I'm fighting.  I grabbed my belt that had some of my favorite weapons, which were silver stars made from silver an wolfsbaine.  Some flash grenades, some small throwing knives.

Nora's outfit is similar to mine.

"Shit!!" Nora said. "I can't find my black leather fingerless gloves.  do you have an extra pair I can use?" she asked me.

"yeah, here" I answered an threw my spare.  "thanks, your a life saver" she said as we we're walking out of our tent.

"Princess Vara, what are you doing out here" on of the fighters asked.

"getting ready for the ambush" I replied in a duh tone.

"Does the king and queen know your out here?Does Dr..a..k..e.... know your out here?" the fighter ask slowly saying drakes name God I hate the Guy. 

"Probably not,  but you will not speak of this to no one" I commanded so he has to follow.  He is a lower ranking vampire. Not even a pureblooded vampire. 

"yes your majesty" he replied back an walked off.

"Vara!" my mother shouted in my head. "where the hell are you. is Nora with you, I'm worried sick.!"  "Dammit!" I shouted holding my head.

"What!" Nora asked worriedly.  "my mother!" I pointed to my head.  everytime she shouts in my head it hurts like hell.  Nora gave me a apologetic look.

"I asked you a question..WHERE.THE.HELL.ARE YOU"  Trying to block her out, I really didn't want to get in to it right now with her.  But my mother is the Queen so she can break down my walls. I sighed in frustration. 

"I'm in the camp getting ready for the ambush."  I replied in annoyed tone in my head. "I already spoke with father about it and approved it"  I linked to my mother....waited for a response..nothing. 

"Love you mother, don't worry about me I can take care of myself ..you know that" I linked to her. Waiting for her to reply.   "I know you can... please be careful Vara.  I love you too I'll see you in a few days" my mother finally replied back to me.