Chapter 38 (It Ends Here!)

CHAPTER 38 (IT ENDS HERE!)

'

'

'

VARAS POV

    The memorial went well last night, for Solens father.   Only remembering the good he's done for the Kingdom.  And from what I heard last night he was a wonderful man in the past.   I wonder what caused him to change...

   I woke up early in the morning before the sun even awoke.  I left Solen a note telling him I'd be on top of the castle meditating.  I inhaled the cool morning air as I sat on the ledge of the castle roof top with my eyes closed and reflecting on life and preparing my mind for the challenge.      I inhaled again as I exhaled I slowly openned my eyes, the sun starting to peek through the trees–slowly worming the cool air.

    I was at peace for the time being– as I remembered my past as a child with my siblings; remembering my older twin siblings when they were still alive....  I miss them so much.   We were all happy, my mother wasn't crazy and she was a women of peace.  Eva and I were like the best of friends and Gabriel was very protective of us and still is.   So much has changed through out the years.  Ever since my older siblings were killed my mother lost it and became corrupted.   Eva is now dead because she was blinded by anger, rage, and jealousy.   Mother has manipulated her and now her blood are on my hands..

And I hate the feeling that I'm the one who took my baby sisters life..

   The only good in all this crazyness is that I found my beloved...my love..... My soul mate.  Just the thought of him sends my body into a frenzy.  I felt my body warming up from all the love he flowed through me as he awoke.   Washing away all the badness that was going on in my mind.  I smiled to myself and I let my love for him flow through our bond.

'morning my love' his smooth like velvet voice echoed through my mind.

'morning to you as well my love' I purred

'what part of the castle roof top are you? ' 

'the east wing above our room'

I waited for a response but got none, and now I know why.  I felt his presence behind me.   His scent flooding my senses as he sat behind me with his legs on both sides of me.   I leaned back into his chest while his arms wrapped around me holding me to him.   No words were spoken just enjoying what we have right now.  

Each other...

    I felt his lips pressed against my neck softly, sending delightful shivers down my spine.  I sighed in content.  Rubbing his arms that are around me enjoying the warmth they give me.

We just sat in silence watching the sun continue to rise on the horizon.

"what's been on your mind love?" he spoke softly to me.

"Everything....remembering my past,  my childhood and how everything became how they are, what's going to happen later and..." turning to look up at him "you,  and what's to come"

"are you doubting yourself about later?"  was I doubting myself?

"No, just afraid on what will happen if I don't succeed"

He sighed and moved to the side of me so that he could see me "Vara, your a strong independent woman and an excellent fighter at that.  You'll win this challenge and then we can finally live our lives as soul mates do.  I'll be by your side if anything goes wrong.   I have faith in you...we all do" he said as he leaned in to place a soft worm loving kiss.