Jesse's POV (2)

I couldn't remember what time it was when I called a few friends and asked them to help me with a prank. They were eager to get started, and I told them what was happening as I was getting the supplies. They weren't too fond of the idea, and I knew it wasn't a great one. It was just a dumb prank so I'd get to see Jordan again.

We walked up to Jordan's house, and I found her window which was pretty high up. I took an egg in my right hand and threw it as hard as I could. It cracked against the window, smearing against the glass as it tumbled down.

Just as I hoped, Jordan opened the window and stuck out her head. I smirked and played with the next item in my hand.

"Really Jacobsen?" She called, glaring with distaste. "That's your revenge for the net? I thought you were better than that! There's nothing more?"

"Oh, no. There's more," I smirked, not wanting to look away from her. I shot a look to the guys and they knew it was time. We were all throwing raw meat toward Jordan. Some went in her hair, but most of it hit her face and shirt. I pulled out the paper from my pocket and crumpled it up. I aimed it straight for her window and I didn't start running away until it went in.

"What did it say?" Danny, a friend of mine, asked as we were running. 

"Have fun flipping burgers. This was just to get you ready for your future," I said. She must have thought I was holding her future in my hands. That I was actually deciding on ruining it for her. If only she knew me, actually knew me. This would be different. Very different.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey, someone needs to see you outside. It's kind of important," a sophomore said to me the next day. I raised an eyebrow. Why didn't they just come inside to see me? This had to be a prank or something along the lines. I saw Headmaster Solomon making his way toward the front door, and I told him someone wanted to see him outside.

I watched how he went outside and was pelted by eggs and toilet paper. Firecrackers went off around him, but not close enough to hurt him. Just startle him, which they did. I saw Jordan and her friends come out from behind a few bushes, and I decided now would be a good time to come out.

Her friends noticed me before she did, but they were in too much shock to say anything. I stood right in front of Jordan, waiting for her to stop laughing and open her eyes. It took a few seconds, but she soon looked up and locked eyes with mine.

"Wow, Emery, you look like you're having a lot of fun," I said as she was still paralyzed in fear. "But if you only hit the right target."

Her eyes left mine as she looked behind me and saw my headmaster. Jordan's jaw dropped completely, as did all of her friends. I couldn't help it, I started laughing. All four girls continued to stare in shock as I leaned against the wall to hold myself up. After my laughter started to die down, I noticed how red Jordan looked. Tears started forming in her eyes and I knew I took it too far.

"Hey." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "It's no fun it you cry. You've never cried before, Emery."

I had seen her cry before, a few times actually. But never during a prank. This was going too far, and I wanted to comfort her and hold her and tell her everything would be okay. Instead, I was the one hurting her.

"Jordan Emery! Jesse Jacobsen! And the rest of you! Into my office right now!" Even though he was my headmaster, he wasn't very terrifying. And Jordan's future was still perfectly planned out. As long as he left Headmistress Belladonna out of it. "I'm calling Headmistress Belladonna this instant!"